1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OEM ABS for Punto 1.3 MJD Active/Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by PranavOne, Nov 26, 2011.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,
    I have a plan to go for either Punto 1.3 MJD Active or Dynamic but strictly not for Emotion. Here I am coming straightly to my question, is it possible to fix OEM ABS in Active/Dynamic variations?
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    It is. However, it will cost you a bomb shell
  3. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Srini, Thanks, Can I have aprroximate cost?
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    No idea for a Punto, but an official OEM upgrade for my friends RITZ cost him around 30K+
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats because ritz and swift vdi variant comes doesnt even come with abs as standard and offer them as optional on demand.. they come fitted from factory and not done here.
    In punto, they offer emotion with ABS alone and without airbags.
    Its not a simple mechanism to be done aftermarket and quite a bit risky too as it involves so much sensors, n electronics !
    pranav, if budget is not a problem, stretch yourself to emotion.. abs may save you !
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    varun - i agree to your point. However, the MASS guys are offering to do it here for Ritz as far as I have been told.. I could be wrong as well.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    ask them what were they smoking, I don't think they would have the equipment and the knowledge.

If such a service is offered what's stopping 3rd party guys to install it on other cars.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. If you are concern about the breaks, better go with only ABS model.

Why Fiat not offering ABS in lower versions i.e. in Active / Dyn ? diesel cars require efficient breaking, once engine heat-ups, diesel motor running very smooth.

See Liva & Nissan Sunny available with ABS in base versions.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I agree with Varun's post. It is almost impossible to retrofit an ABS system by the service center unless the car itself is designed to take such an unit as an add on.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Isnt it true with every car, built with spec for the top model; however stripped in lower variants?