1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Odometer Not working... Stuck on 42709KM. Car Under extended Warrenty-Palio stile SDX

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ABARTH18, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    after almost one month now the issue with my odometer still not sorted out.

below is the horrying tale of my ordeal & its still not over.....

i wrote the below complaint email to fiat service at service.india@fiat.com on 18 sept 2014,also i received a prompt reply on 19 th sept 2014 that my complaint is registered with complaint no 1-517102323.after 10 day on saturday 27 sept 2014 i received a stange reply that my complaint is treated as closed.what does this mean????
    but in this 10 days fiat nor the dealer auto industries Goa communicated anything to me on my warrenty claim for the odometer/console which is stuck at 42709 km as of today
    my problem still is not solved & i dont know whom to contact now in fiat or somebody reading this post can advice or guide.
    --------------------
    Good Day, dated 18 sept 2014

I am a Proud owner of a Fiat Palio stile sdx.Which is under extended warrenty period.

On 28 Aug 2014 odometer of my car stopped working at 42709 KM.I immidiatly went to the fiat service center Auto industries in fatorda goa, they suugested that it will take time to check this & gave me a service appointment on 4 sept 2014.
    I promptly took my car on 4th SEPT 2014 to auto industries for the service.
    After service I paid a invoice of rs 1464(INV NO SER-INV-0010060-2S-1415-620).supposing that my problem is fixed.when I took the car for trial from service center the odometer was still stuck at 42709km. I immediately came back to the service center (auto
    industries) & informed the service Adviser Mr Gopinath that the Problem is not fixed.& my odometer is still stuck at 42709 km.
    When I checked my invoice they had replaced two parts RPM SENSOR & SENDING unit which actually had no fault & also the old parts were in perfect working condition.
    My service adviser Mr Gopinath realized that he made a mistake & promised me that the parts replaced will be claimed under the extended warrenty & I will get the refund.
    Also he told me that he will send a warrenty claim for the complete odometer console which need to be replaced to solve this problem.

Today morning when I called mr gopinath to follow up regarding my warrenty claim for the console. he told me it is not yet proceeed & to speak to Mr. Pritam who is actually the service adviser for the Fiat.

I went personaly today afternoon to auto industries to find out what is going on.

I spoke to Mr Pritam at auto industries he told me my warrenty claim for the parts that were replaced on 4th sept 2014 (invoice value rs
    1464 is rejected).i explained to mr pritam that this parts were wrongly replaced my auto industries & why I need to pay for this & I demanded inquiry into this matter. & my original problem wherein my odometer is stuck on 42709 km still persists.
    Also I realized one more thing today is that auto industries never sent my claim for the console on 4th sept 2014 .& after lot of blaim game between service adviser gopinath & pritam, they ageed that they will send the warreny claim for the console today to fiat.

i still have no confirmation from auto industries that i they have sent the warrenty claim to fiat

My car is regulary serviced at auto industries & at recommended service intervals always.

If there is anyone at fiat who care for the above I demand a complete inquiry & my warrenty claim for console be granted & part sent to Auto industries ASAP.

Also explain me who should pay for the parts which are wrongly replaced my auto industries.(invoice value rs 1464)

awaiting a prompt reply from fiat.

Best Regards,
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I can suggest you wait for another day and ask them to email you. Also, take the email of their CRM-service or AM Service from them. Send them an email and wait for a reply a day. After that you could try forwarding this communication to Mangesh who will forward this to relevant department and see that your issue is officially escalated and keep the SC guys on their toes.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think service center might have changed the parts without diagnosing the actual issue.
    Also next time include Mr Mangesh and see if he helps.
  4. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    pls give me the email id of manguesh.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com << try this one or @fiapl.com not sure which one. :confused:

EDIT : Fiapl is older one. Disregard that id.
    ABARTH18 likes this.
  6. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    Thanks@asimpleson
  7. ABARTH18

ABARTH18 Timido

Goa
    Odometer & tripmeter on my Palio Stile SDX stopped working again few days ago. Tthere was no possibility of tripmeter getting stuck as when odometer stopped working tripmeter was not reseted to zero, which is the common problem. There are no local meter shop around to repair also, took help of online DIY to open the cluster to see if some gear is stuck.
    Instrument cluster is now removed, tripmeter gears there is no damage, also the odometer numbers/gears manually working.
    Removed the odometer stepper motor from the circuit with the help of another instrumentation technician. It has four leads this motor needs to be tested which I suspect is the problem. Does any one know what is the supply voltage for this stepper motor which drives the odometer & tripmeter.

Mod Note : Kindly proof read before posting. Thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Can you not check with multimeter the input voltage while car is running.