1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Thanks Jotinder and Bhai for the valuable suggestions.

I wont be able to take the vehicle to TASS before i leave. I am hoping that this is not a big issue.

I will try reconnecting the battery terminals!
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I was also facing the issue, you need to disconnect the battery terminal for sometime and then reconnect it, it will work.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Had the odo blinking issue a few days ago. The HU wasn't turning on, amp wasn't getting any power. However blue&me was working, paired with my phone and showing the caller id etc but ofcourse no sound. Traced it to a short circuit and blown fuse due to an issue with the Blau pnp amp. Disconnected it from the HU, replaced the fuses, and voila everything back to normal.
  4. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

My GP E pack's odo started blinking. Showed air bag failure and the odo readings of Trip A/B turned zeros including date and time.

Got it checked at the ASS. All they did was, they switched on and went into settings and corrected them. By the time I reached home the same issue cropped up. Another additional problem noticed in the night was while driving, the lights would automatically get switched off. I go into the dim and same thing happened.

I once again took it to ASS. The works manager, after resetting on the odo said it could be due to the battery where a cell might be weak and this can be noticed after a long distance trip where the weak cell does not get charged in full.

I keep my fingers crossed if it repeats what should I do? Change the battery? The scanner when attached to engine is not showing any problem. Mine is 2009 model with 40k reading.
  5. sungoa2010

Why not take the car to a battery shop and check the battery.
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

i had the same issue of ODO blinking for sometime mine is 90HP MJD i stopped in a trafic signal switched off and switched on the car it is fine now hopefully nothing comes back ..mine 850 KMS run
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

I got it checked with the battery dealer. On putting the scanner, the battery condition status showed good. then went back to A.S.S. to reconfirm. The works manager too said the same and had done the resetting once again. The lights suddenly when in high beam come go off and the low beam functions vice versa its happening.

Planning to check with a new battery first.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Guys I don't know how does it all makes sense but wanted to share my experince with ODO blinking on my GP. I went over to TASS yesterday to get my car serviced for 2nd service. Every thing was done to my satisfaction and I was offered test drive before delivery however I refused and checked out the car since I was in hurry. After driving a while my ODO started blinking. I ignored since I thought its known problem and reported many times on TFI but to my HORROR when I tried to connect my mobile to Blu&Me it just didnt detected it :eek: Blu&Me was GONE :eek: I called the SA who was also horrified and told me to bring car again today morning.

I went to TASS at 9:15 today morning and went to find my SA and to my surprise there was some pledge taking ceremony going on in work shop! I waited for him to get free. He came with mechanic and tried to get into the fuse box. NO CURE THERE. Then some senior mechanic came and told me that your BnM system has blown and will need replacement and asked whether my car is in waranty :eek: I was again horrified but somehow they figure out that BnM connection going to main board gotten loose when they changed AIR FILTER in NEXT FIVE MINUTES :p The BnM was BACK and the ODO BLINKING WAS GONE!!!

Next? they thanked each other and looked at me with eyes of achievement. I thanked them back and thought in my mind that "Only if you have changed the Air Filter CAREFULLY this wouldn't have happened" :)
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not air filter . It may be Polen filter. Air filter is in engine compartment.As per my info, Polen filter is near the Blue & Me device.
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Hey yeah its pollen filter (aka wiremesh filter) and not air filter. Typo. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012