1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

OOO!! Seems to be good! :D Need to get it done! :) Thanks mod! :)
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I had the same issue after i got the car back from TASS after a service. I called up the SA and asked him if anything was wrong, he told me, it happens if they disconnect the terminals of battery for any kind of repair and it would stop after a while. It did stop after a while.

Should i be concerned about this? It is not blinking anymore.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

If it's not blinking anymore, there is nothing to be concerned enjoy the ride.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i join the blinking bandwagon too :) today at odo km 8590 the total kms started blinking. however i kept driving and the kms kept increasing.

i just pulled over, shut down the car and restarted. it stopped blinking. i will be connecting the obd sensor to check for any errors recorded.

this is a funny problem.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

yups there are many such funny problems in linea :p
    Like strips flying off and characters dropping:p

Thanks to ecodrive i also got "Memory Full" Error too :p
  6. Hey Jotinder - I'm having the same problem of the airbag failure and the ODO blinking but this happened only recently, after I gave my car to service -these monkeys at Fiat servicei n Chennai dont know what the hell they are doing - then an additional problem occured, my car just stopped suddenly (not due to fast release of clutch) and the steering became hard and the indicator lights on the control panel came on (when they key was in the ON position and when I had slowed down) PLEASE HELP me Jotinder, I dont know what to do- what should I tell these idiots at the service centre - my car was fine till i gave it to them!!
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Hellos to TFI,
    Recently, my car ODO started giving Airbag failure message during cranking of the engine and then it goes away, it says refer owners manual.
    Also, I have driven some 12k on the ODO till date and this Air Bag error popped some 400 kms back and this doesnt show every time for some reason... its intermitten or sporadic in nature

Now that I am in Bangalore, I need some suggestion - Which service centre should I approach - I live on Bannerghatta Road.

Also, I need to get a dent / scratch removed (read it as re-paint) the passenger side right back wheel arch+ part of the back door.
    Hence, if both the above can be done in one TASS i will be happy to visit that - Any suggestions for me please?
    thanks v much !
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

If the Airbag failure message comes only sometimes, disconnect Battery negative terminal for half an hour & see. It may solve the issue.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Airbag Failure messages also comes if Battery charge is low.