1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Got it checked today at SC and they fixed it. The problem was not the same as Jotinder had reported.
    Here they had to change some setting in the ecu and it was done in 15 mins. so all ok now :)
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I am sure they must have done proxy alignment. It works some time. I am happy your problem is solved.
  3. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    I had given GP for Ac updation & I noticed this odo blinking problem. I told it to the SA & he opened the glove box. What he actually did was remove the BLue & ME circuit & re-fit it again. He said "AC filter" is not connected properly & is loose. I asked him is the conection near the glove box, he said YES. So he tightened it. That area was difficult to operate but he could remove & re-fix it. The odo stopped blinking
  4. madgoks

madgoks Timido

Jamnagar
    I had a similar problem yesterday wherein the odometer began to blink.... couldnt figure out. I stopped enroute .. turned off the engine and restarted and pronto .. it was gone..

Hasn't reoccurred... will keep an eye out for it though!
  5. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Dont know wat could be the problem as more & more people are facing it.
    It 1st starts blinking & than automatically stops, so we are unable to figure it out as when it starts blinking we aaaume that some problem must be there & when it automatically stops wat should we assume that the problem has gone or it has just stopped blinking now.?
  6. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Odometer blinking

Need some advise...

Recently after refuelling my punto on my way back to work - i noticed that the odometer (the KM reading) kept blinking for a while, this would stop everytime i made a call (on blue & me) but would again start blinking.

It has stopped when i drove to work this morning! This has left me a little worried, is there any specific reason this happens?

Brief history: I have done 20,600 KMs on the odo and is impeccably maintained
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    So Paddleshifter, What is the exact problem?? ECU software need to be upgraded??
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nay, service guy will connect ECU scanner with OBD port of the car and do proxy alignment of the controlled area networking (CAN) interface. It is basically a tuning exercise.