1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Rajan, I will have my battery checked.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Today faced this problem for the first time..while returning from office i stopped for 10-15 mins for quick shopping. Then started the car and noticed that the ODO reading was blinking. Once I reached home i switched off the car and re started it. surprisingly everything was normal this time!!!!:confused: my Punto has done 64k+Kms. till date.

Just couple of months back, my punto was showing 'Air Bag Failure' message. Hence, i had replaced the stock battery with Ameron Din 55. May be tomorrow i will visit FASS for quick checkup.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today morning noticed ODO started blinking and when I was trying to figure out the reason; realized that Blue & Me isn't working! Neither was I able to connect my phone nor the USB was getting recognized. Initially thought is it case of weak battery. But, don't think so. Shall wait till evening for it to rectify by itself , else thinking of visiting FASS tomorrow.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It happens to my car once in a while for many years. It self corrects and I move on. Advise to not dig the issue unless it goes off fully. Ty a battery reset. Peeping in will only complicate trivial issues.

Abdul
    punto_emotion likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Try Battery reset i.e. disconnect -ve terminal of battery and reconnect it after about 30 minutes.

If this does not solve the issue then, either the Blue & Me connector has become loose or Blue & Me box has conked off
    jumu and Viny like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    It has ocurred to my Tjet also, sporadically. It becomes ok once, i turn the ignition on/off or turn off the engine and start car again.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Even I have faced this issue twice. ODO stopped blinking after turning off ignition - turning on ignition cycle. I would suggest to ignore, if ODO stops blinking after re-ignition and if not then get it shown to FASS
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Typical Microsoft/Blue & Me behaviour- The blink disappeared when I restarted the car in the evening after a gap of @8 hours :D Thanks guys for suggestions :up
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^
    Could Odo blinking issue surfacing randomly be due to moisture ? Fiat had advised ASC's a couple of years back to stick something called "AC butyl strips" to prevent AC moisture affecting Blue&Me box. Gues in new versions, these should already be fitted. However, when you are at FASC next time, suggest to ask SA to check it.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3