1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Figured I would update this here despite being an old thread. According to Fiat, Trip Meter flashing seems to point to a Body Computer error. Diagnostic steps below:

Milometer_Flashing.png

Doesn't really help. Whenever I faced the issue, I just shutdown and restarted and the problem went away... :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ummmm. Are you talkng about PC or a Car here ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Getting more and more difficult to tell the difference these days :p. Pretty soon all cars will be "Drive by Wire"...
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Of late even I have started facing the ODO blinking issue though not very consistent. Yesterday while refueling at a bunk I switched off engine (i generally do so) then when I restarted ODO started blinking. I ignored it and went ahead to use B&M for calling and whoosh it stopped blinking and everything was just okay untill the call dropped. It went away next day when the car was started (the same restart engine fix).

I have 3rd service due; car ran 26k kms and its 3 months short of being 2 years. I suspect the battery being culprit based on my sole observation that now-a-days it takes more time to crank. But then why just ODO should blink and everything else appears steady and crisp???

Also doesn't our car indicate week battery on cluster? What is that battery like icon under the tachometer?
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    More time to crank could also point to a starter motor problem. Get your battery tested under full load at any battery service place. If it's the OEM battery, then Exide will do it for free. The battery icon on the cluster only lights up when ignition is ON and engine is not running, i.e. alternator is not charging the battery. Generally batteries do not lose charge in 2 years, I changed mine after 3.5 years when I noticed headlights getting slightly dim.
  6. hello guys,
    i am also facing the odometer blinking issue from the past couple of months. used to disconnect the battery terminal and problem got solved but now it blinks countinuously also blue n me has stopped working and steering controls dont work too and usb is not detected and hence unable to play music also:A airbag failure dont appear as of now. what could be solution for this.?? help plz
    odo at 44003Km, 3.1yr old
  7. Get your error code checked at the service centre most likely your Blue & Me has gone. Same happened with my car. Apparently there was a butyl strip that was asked by FIAT to be put in the car and the service centre personnel missed it causing the dew from AC filter passing onto the Blue & Me unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. will get it checked asap.. can battery be the culprit in this case ??? btw butyl will be covered under warranty or not??
    thanks
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I have these issues occationally occurring - my Punto has done 67k and it has completed 3 years and 6 months by now. 3 issues - ODO blinks occasionally, I see the lock light in the instrument cluster while the vehicle is started and moving some times, and some times I get an Airbag Failure message as soon as I start my engine. On reading the threads in TFI - I tend to conclude that these could be because of a weaker battery since Im still running with the stock battery that came with the vehicle. Can some one comment if there are any other perspectives for this or any other directions on how to fix this issue?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The Odo blinking can also indicate issues with one of the nodes on the CANBUS. But when looked at in conjunction with the other issues you are reporting, everything points to a weak battery. Get is checked at a battery outlet. Most likely, you may have to get it replaced.

Rajan