1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

odo started blinking.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deepam, Dec 11, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    U1707 - Info-Telematic/Convergence Node (NIT/NCV) (BlueNMe)
    This is the error code stored in the memory of body computer when ODO blinks. No further description is available on this fault code in Fiat ECU Scan. I believe Fiat Examiner would show the further description of error code but this error codes disappears when Ignition is switched off.
    2 people like this.
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Yeah I mean when my BnM was disconnected the ODO used to blink only when turning on engine; on ignition off the ODO used to appear just fine.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    What's the REAL cause of this odo blinking issue anyway? Even I had this issue re-surfacing again yesterday. However, I shut off the engine and after some 2 hours, when I got back, it was all normal.

We all know that disconnecting the -ive terminal has proven to be a workable solution. But then, why does the ODO have to blink time and again?

This kind of behaviour really puts me off Fiat and does harm to an otherwise beautiful car's reputation.
  4. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    I had the same problem while the car was in service ceter. I was told that this is an indication of some issue with Blue and Me. And rightly the steering mounted controls were not working while ODO was blinking.

They did some setting inside the roof of the glove box and it has not blinked since.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If this error code is there then MID should display the error.

In my case MID did not displayed any error messege. Blue&Me was working,No ABS error.
    Still odo was blinking.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bhai MID displays error from Airbag, ABS and Engine ECU only.
    For error in Marelli Body Computer no information is shown on MID.
    ODO blinking started after updating Blue N Me 5.5 V II, with earlier Blue N Me 5.5 V1 the ODO blinked most of the time. Its a software issue according to me but I may be wrong
    Is anyone who is experiencing ODO blinking randomly on Blue N Me 5.4, I never observed that in BNMe 5.4
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey ! What are the functions of body computer. Is it any inteligent device like BCU (Body control Unit) of Pulsar 180,200 & 220 ?

In pulsar 220 FI there is ECU. In addition to that bajaj has installed BCU which controlls following smart jobs.

1) To avoid road accident due to any sudden darkness because of burnt out of headligh bulb filament headlight beam automatically switch over to another fillament.

2) It cuts-off the current to starter motor after giving 3 engine crank. (To save the battery you can't crank the engine after 3rd attempt of engine start) You have to wait 20 sec.for next engine crank or you can crank after resetting ignition key
    3) It put headlight off if you crank starter at headlight on. As soon as you release the starter switch,headlight again becomes ON.

4) Self-cancelling indicators. In addition to that if you don't take turn & if you forget to put off indicator by manual method it turns off automatically after 2 min.

5) Contact free switches. Switches doesn't have copper contacts like conventional switches. When you operate any electrical switch BCU gets signal & that particular funtion works. e.g. Horn,light,starter, indicator etc.

P.S. -these intelligent features are not present in any korean/Japan bike manufacturer who makes bike in India ?
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Again odo blink happened.

Yesterday at one stop, I cranked the engine. At that time starter motor stopped without releasing key from ACC position just like weak battery.

I reset key & cranked engine. Engine started. But odometer started to blink.

I think weak battery may be cause of odo blink
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Glad to let everyone know that my odo stopped blinking once it crossed the 15k range. I seriously feel it was blinking because the service field was set to 15k.

happy and crunching more miles with my ride :)
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur

Problem found to be associated with Headlight relay. Replaced it.

In addition to this, rectifier related to AC fan stopped functioning causing the odo to blink and the AC fan to run on high speed. I was asked to check the AC fan functioning early in the morning when the engine is cool. If it runs at high speed, the rectifier needs to be replaced. Rectifier gets damaged due to slush getting deposited on the rectifier mainly during monsoon.

Now, the car is back to normal..