Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Raj_pol, Sep 8, 2014.
Congratulations ! Welcome to the club..This is amazing car to drive...
Did a round trip to Shravanabelagola. I am just in love with this route. One of the best places to drive your car - less crowd, less of the moronic imbeciles that we call cab drivers, all in a good drive to enjoy.
I will post some pictures soon - now planning a trip to Pondicherry.
10K mark (well technically 9.7k ) but I thought I would put in a few of the niggles that I face so far. I am being lazy and have not sorted it so far.
1. The boot open error message keeps flashing. I read online and across many parts of the world seems to be a common issue with Punto's. Does not affect my ride or security and hence have not taken it so far to resolve the same.
2. The Blue & Me. Absolute terror to use. Took me some time to figure it out and have stopped using the voice commands as she simply does not understand the same. Well, the old fashioned way of pressing buttons works but I wish Fiat should do something about it considering that this is a premium and expensive hatchback. And no nobody dare tell me to change my accent. The system should understand me and not the other way round and my accent would be better than a lot of other folks.
3. Issue with pressing the horn - restarts the music system after a pause. Slightly irritating.
i also had the boot open error problem......It was solved by replacing the boot lock.... Ask the SC to replace the lock it is free under warranty......Be admant about it to them......they will replace it.....
All fiat cars have problem with music system. Ask them to have a look about it and if possible replace under warranty. I have a strange problem that when i increase the volume through the buttons on steering sometimes the system mutes instead of increasing volume. The SA said sir u should have got it replaced earlier in initial months all fiat cars have defective music system.
But you've gotta love the 'warm tone' of her voice, no? Even if 'she' can't or refuses to hear you!
Most of her friends, such as myself or others here on TFi, find her company useful and charming enough, and she is a willing-enough 'worker' you know?
Maybe your conversational style's too gruff for her sensitive taste?
But seriously: work around it, it's pretty useful for calls if nothing else, but obviously not as good as say Apple's newer voice recognition tech. If you care to, that is, since the VR stuff's just a 'gizmo'-type thing in the end.
Hope your horn-pad earthing issue's sorted at the service: now that would more than 'slightly irritate' me, it would piss me off, since there's nothing more violent than an interrupted song!
@prabhjot Well I am a very patient man but I cannot agree with you. If you see worldwide, the music system in the Punto is horrendous and not appreciated and as I keep arguing these are the small but important things that turn customer's away in our country.
Since you love and understand cars check this out
The Nissan GT is an incredible machine and yet in spite of the engine, the body and the chassis they also advertise about the dual sub woofer's.
If they can so should FIAT.
p.s. I will try to get it sorted out when the 15 K service comes.
You should hear the speakers on the original 2008/2009 Linea/Punto. Things have actually improved, would you believe? Not that ICE matters to me much as far as cars go.
But you are right, and I am sure that's the sort of thing they'll do from now on, what with the t-jet-s, Abarth-s coming: raise prices but greatly raise the bar on even things like speakers and ICE, GPS navigation, etc. They've been not lazy but timid/fearful/defensive....pricing-wise, i feel. Let's see.
Speaking of an ICE system from 2 segments above its own: that of the Tata Zest, advertized and ballyhooed too. Sales are desultory, already, within 3 months of its loud launch. Fiat should borrow it, and try, too.
@Raj_pol : 3rd one is a known issue in Fiat. take it to FASS. In some cases they found it to be earthing issue and in some cases its faulty USB inlet. they would replace/correct it under warranty.
Okay I had a strange accident yesterday. So it was a rather wide road in HSR Bangalore and I was taking a turn. The indicator lights were on, there was nobody but a solitary mobile (the Luna types) quite some distance away. So as the dude driving the Luna sees me taking a turn he suddenly accelerates and then brakes hard. The end result -he skids his luna hits the driver side,he falls over my bonnet and falls over.
I was with my wife and we just could not figure what the hell was he trying to do. There were a few uncles who saw the incident and he got the scolding of his life. Unfortunately a small dent was created and Vecto told me it would take around 3.5 K to rectify it.
1. The Luna got smashed like an angry giant stamped it. He is never going to ride that two wheeler again
2. I will stick to my statement that India has too many idiots on the roads. You do not give monkeys the right to drive.
3. A critical mass of 'idiots' on the road necessarily (for all sorts of reasons) makes EVERYONE on Indian roads (including parking areas, legal and civic or not) an idiot, albeit in differing ways, but not in differing degrees.
4. One can and should have nothing but respect and even downright admiration for truck and bus drivers, NO MATTER what their 'idiocy' level, they have no choice but run the much-too vaster risk.
5. 'Chal meri Luna': not.
Separate names with a comma.