1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Odin - Our new Baby

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Raj_pol, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Well some bad news for Odin :(. There are some losers in my apartment or maybe the construction workers as there is some work going on always. Anyways, there are two scratches on my door panel, one light and one a little deeper. Also I had bumped my bumper a bit during the second day of ownership. A few scratches there too.
    Now I cannot have my car in that condition (I know the futility of trying that in Bangalore) but I intend to nevertheless.

So I want to get those parts re-painted. KHT Fiat has said around 1500 for the bumper part. However for the doors they initially said the whole area might need to be painted.

I am okay with the bumper, for the small scratches in the door I am not so sure? Any idea on how good Sai Colorium is? Can I try them? Any other good places in Bangalore?
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @himanshu4886 tried the scratch removal stuff from 3M. Now very lightly visible in one place, in another place the scratch was deep and hence it stays.

For the bumper, I showed 3M and they suggested since the paint had peeled off, to go and do the job in garage.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    An update - Just did my first long trip with Odin. So a batch mate was getting married in Chennai this Saturday and a lot of my friends were coming down. So, initially I wanted to park my car in a friend's house and then decided instead to take my boy to Chennai. We were four guys, did a total of around 800 kms round trip and with the ac on sometimes at around 20 or 21 C we managed a mileage of 17.2/L.
    I was driving at around 90 to 100 for most of my journey and thoroughly enjoyed it. No back problems or difficulties whatsoever.

p.s. For those who might be aware my colleague is the grand daughter of K. Balanchader noted Tamil movie director.

Will post a pic of the ride later in the night.

Have another trip planned next week to Coorg and then he goes for servicing.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see your update. Mileage should have been 1KM/L more, but it is decent.
    Great.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Completed my first servicing today from KHT Fiat Caffe. I am satisfied overall with their work. Had the scratches painted on my front bumper. It is slightly on the expensive side but I guess is okay for a new car as I did not want to try the local guys.

I did not have any issues so I had nothing else to solve. Filled up a full tank with shell diesel and we will see how Odin feels like in the coming days.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Have recently completed the 7k mark. office work is keeping me away from road trips but have to do one quickly. That itch :) maybe one to Hampi though the roads are not that good.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    ....because the roads are not that good?;):p
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Lolz not really sir I like smooth tarmac...with less traffic and just amble along at somewhere in the 80's .
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    80 kph on smooth tarmac with less traffic? I don't believe you, but still: the t-jet Evo may not then have a guaranteed convert-from-mjd owner?:D
    Raj_pol likes this.