1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Odin - Our new Baby

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Raj_pol, Sep 8, 2014.

1. fiat4life

fiat4life Timido

Congrats!!! You will love this beautiful Italian beauty more with each passing day .
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations! A stunner indeed - Odin, father of Thor :p
    bharath and Sunilp like this.
  3. Dann

Dann Novizio

Congrats Raj on your Punto Evo. The color looks absolutely stunning. I own the NPW Punto Evo. You will have to get used to a lot of turning heads your side :) Looks like the Emotion variant. Have a happy and safe driving experience. Eagerly waiting for your initial review now!!
    Sunilp likes this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes it is the Emotion variant and I was a little particular about the safety features.
    Murphy_Fiat, prabhjot and Dann like this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Congrats raj.
    Have a safe ride.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Congrats raj... enjoy the ride..
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hearty congrats for the royal looking Wine beauty. Wish to see your Evo during Sep 28 B'lore meet. Wish you happy miles with your prized possession
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    So here goes. It is a long story so please bear with me.

Once a time not so long ago there was an unhappy kid called Raj. He stayed in the city of Bangalore and was tired of the harassment caused by moronic auto drivers and generally not so well behaved bus conductors. Hence started the idea of a personal ride.

Raj was a new driver (although he had a two wheeled steed before) and his only concern was safety and of course the gold coins that he had with him for the steed. His first choice purely based on feature comparison was the Grand i10. Here was a good city car and the fully loaded version had all the safety specs and was prized slightly less than the Swift. The swift was where Raj had his training and although the car is good, it was too common and he never liked the rear which somehow made it seem ungainly.

So one day Raj accompanied by his princess decided to try out all the steeds. The Micra, the Polo, the Swift, the Grand i10 and also the mighty T-jet for the heck of it.

The T-jet blew the couple away an insanely beautiful car that rides like a dream. Alas, the gold coins were not enough and that dream had to be forsaken.

Micra - 3 cylinder engine
    Polo - Petrol is very average and although the diesel was the very best, the long waiting period and the more expensive requirements of a Polo led to that idea also being discarded.

Grand i10 - The doors felt like they were made out of tin and did not inspire confidence in the lady or the lad.

So finally the decision was made for the Punto 1.4 (which was the top end) version as it was a beautiful car and both the lady and the lad fell in love with the steed.

However, additional queries revealed that the cost of the 1.4 was so much higher part because of the features and part because of the difference in excise duties. This made it so expensive that the diesel top end was just a bit more.

So suddenly the decision was made and after all this looking and searching for petrol cars we ended up buying a diesel Punto.

This brings us to the end of Chapter 1. More stories will follow as time passes by. :p

Now the feedback. I have tried to be as objective as possible and this comes from a very fresh driver (of four wheeler).

1. The car is very heavy and very stable. In our first long drive to Shivanasamudra, the car held very well at speeds up to 120. Being a new car, I did not try higher speeds.

2. The new car's fit and finish seems to be better than the older version (again a personal opinion). The interiors have definitely improved and I am still looking at understanding all the details.

3. Inside the city, first and second gears are definitely harder to drive at compared to say the Swift. These are the two cars which I have driven so far. However in the highways it is beautiful.

Showroom feedback:

Initially the we had taken test rides in Vecto Motors Bangalore. The SA promised to call us back once they had a 1.4 for test drives. However, in spite of my calling them almost regularly, they never updated me on the same.

Then on a weekend (Saturday) we went to KHT motors just on a whim. The SA was Sikandar. He took us for a test ride in the Punto Evo 75ps. We were sold in the first ride. The next day booked our ride.

In KHT funnily, I can see a lot of folks in suits and all who would not even give a second glance at you. The lady from Pratham motors would religiously call me every week at exactly the appointed time to sell the Swift a vehicle which sells more in a single month than Fiat does with both their current offerings in the whole year.

Business is tough and Fiat should learn how to fight as a few enthusiasts cannot be enough for the company to sustain. I mean Ferrari is part of the same group, do something miraculous and I will be a happy man.

SaravM, bharath, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congrats Raj,in TW she looks Grand & a stunner of a machine on the road
    Post more pics,nice short review
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Your observation on car feedback is very true.
    Here you go, one more bad experience with Vecto. Someone from Vecto needs to read these reviews.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.