1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Odd issue - Warning lights glow when LCD is lit

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by caffeineam, Dec 1, 2012.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    My Linea's developed a strange issue. The warning lights glow faintly when the LCD is lit up. Goes away 10-15 seconds after the LCD is off and the car is switched off. There is nothing wrong with the car. Scan did not reveal any issues anywhere. Anybody else experienced anything like this?
    PC010002.JPG
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    In my T-Jet+, when I start ignition I get a airbag failure warning on MOD and it goes of with in 3-4 sec, this happens rarely. When I discussed here, people said it may be due to bad battery. Not yet confirm as car starts with in 1st attempt so battery should be good. Informed this to SA but when he checked car, all looked fine
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rachit, it is indeed due to weak battery. The charge of the battery gets low and the airbag failure message is the first to appear because the airbags need a good battery to work the way they are supposed to. This will be seen more often in winters coz of the increase in internal resistance etc.

My battery is 2.5 years old now and is showing the same symptoms since the mid of November this year.
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I bought my car in June'12 but it was manufactured in May'11 so I can believe battery may be drained out. Now my 1st service is due this month. Can I ask for battery replacement as it should be in warranty? I have to check in my car documents, as far as I remember they gave me battery warranty card. But when I show this to TASS they says battery is good & don't accept that this airbag failure warning is appearing due to week battery.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rachit, the battery warranty is proided by the OEM manufacturer, e.g. Exide in my case. Well, bad battery or weak battery may not be an appropriate term.

Basically, I have observed that when there is insufficient charge in the battery, this airbag failure warning comes up. It could be due to many factors.

A few days back, I took my car to a nearby Nissan ASC for getting it washed. They took approx 1.25 hours to wash the car and the washer did so with the music running. By the time he was done, the battery was drained.

failure.jpg

Since the past 3 weeks, I have got airbag error 1-2 times during cold start in the morning, as eternal temperature is decreasing so internal resistance also increases in the battery as per my limited knowledge of physics from the +2 medical stream.