1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oceanic Blue Punto Signing In !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by abmat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. abmat

Hi Fiatians
    I have been meaning to do this introduction for a few months now ever since i started my hunt for a new car back in Jun/Jul-2012. Used to drive a third-hand 2001 santro since the last 5 years in Bangalore. It was in pretty good shape and very reliable. But the rising petrol prices and a city mileage of 11 kmpl was justification enough for me to look for a new car. Had looked a bit in the used car market for Fiesta classic,Fiat Linea etc. Wasn't interested in Swift since we own a petrol model in Kerala which rattles like hell(1st gen Swift - 2005) and no excitement in owning the same model again. Was a fan of Punto ever since it was launched and Palios before that. Have a friend who owns a 40K km MJD punto , took a test drive in that and felt that it seemed to hold together well inspite of the 40k kms clocked. Also had a look at i20 , but had anyway madeup my mind to buy Punto by then.I had also started visiting this site by then and was kind of impressed by the enthusiasm of the people here. Booked OB Punto Emotion with Concorde motors on 31-Jul, exchanged the old santro with them at a decent price (after adding in the exchange bonus etc). Was initially offered a Jan-2012 make OB punto which they had in stock. Rejected since i did not feel comfortable taking delivery of a 7 month old car, so waited for a new one to arrive and finally got delivery on 12-September.

Have clocked around 2000 KMs so far which includes a Bangalore - Pondicherry trip. Loves the ride quality of the vehicle in the city and on the highway compared to my earlier experiences with santro and swift with bumpy rides.Loves the heavy/solid overall feel of the vehicle especially since i transitioned from a Santro. Loves the OB colour, but realizes that its going to be difficult to maintain. This is the first Fiat i am owning and hoping for a good ownership experience.

So far so good except for two scratches that i got from city traffic. Hoping that these can be touched up during the first service ?

Also couple of other questions which probably someone can help with.

1. Twice on the highway , while it was raining heavily and when i had the AC in external circulation mode, i saw water vapour coming in through the AC vents and water droplets all over the vents and surrounding areas. Switched off the AC and it was back to normal and also did not repeat afterwards. Any thoughts on what could have caused that ?

2. How to change the trip meter display for avg consumption from ltrs/100km to km/ltr . I am sure this is an easy thing , but couldn't figure out how from manuals etc ?

3. Have a new Android ICS mobile (karobon A9+ ) which is not working with Blue & Me . It pairs , but then i get an error message on the phone before even it asks for copying phone book etc. My earlier Gingerbread phone used to work smoothly with Blue&Me .Also it worked with another ICS Android mobiles and even the phone works with other bluetooth devices. I will put the question in the Android threads also , but hoping that someone might have some pointers.

Also attaching a couple of pics. The first one taken at the time of delivery and the second one somewhere in Tamil Nadu en route to Pondicherry.

P1000570.jpg P1000586.JPG
    3 people like this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

@abmat, Welcome to TFI.

Nice to read that you are impressed by the Punto. Wishing you a lot of happy miles on your ride.

1. I haven't seen any such issue of water droplets at the ac outlets. I have driven my punto in some heavy pour on highways and in city with AC on in different modes, usually use the auto as it handles everything :). Other members who are aware or know about this can comment on this.

2. You change to kms/ltr using the menu button on the extreme right of the dash (near the fog lamp switches). All the settings can be controlled from this menu button and everything is mentioned in the owners manual.

3. I have a Galaxy S2 with ICS and it works like a charm no issue till date either during pairing or during usage (touch wood).

3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome abmat to TFI....
    Keeping drving safe & keep posting..... :)
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

welcome abmat, OB is an exotic :)
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI,,
    OC is a beautiful colour, I wanted one, But in 2010 it was discontinued so took charge of Medium Grey...
    I have seen Few OB Linea in Kuwait, From far it looks like Audi,,,,
  7. abmat

Thanks eveyone for the warm welcome..
    @puntosat , your thread gave me a fair idea about the Oceanic Blue color before booking since there were very few OB cars on bangalore roads and the color shown in advertisements / brochures differ from OB in person....so thanks for putting up the pics etc !
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Welcome to the forum abmat. The Punto looks like a million bucks in this shade of Blue.