1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Number plate on lower grill, Possible?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker, check with the cab owners on how much cutting goes from their side on a monthly basis to our people's protecting force. ;)
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @zenwalker

Yes. It is not legal.

But I have been driving with that since about nothing less than 2.5 yr.

As long as you know how to deal with the cops, you will not have much problem.

I have not paid them a single penny till now for this.

Cheers.

Neel
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    zenwalker likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Based on your suggestions, i came up with couple of other ideas and i guess ill go with Idea 3. What you think?

Idea 1:
    Not sure how the number plate position effect the interior components.
    mod3.jpg
    Idea 2:
    Although it was already discouraged by all of you, just tried out to see how it looks with a smaller number plate size. Still i feel it covers direct inflow of the air. Upon googling on this topic, came to know from few forums that its not encouraged to do so. Hence dropped.
    mod4.jpg
    Idea 3:
    Based on the Abarth logo, thought ill try this out and i kinda like this. The number plate is not covering the lower grill area atleast majorly. It shares the in between area with the abarth text.
    What do you think guys??
    mod6.jpg

Your suggestions are most welcome :)

Thank you
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @zenwalker

Zen bhai, Honestly I feel all three are spoiling the looks of the car. My personal opinion only.

If you are really hell bent on doing the mods, I would suggest to leave the number plate position as it is and get the Abarth sticker in the space between the headlamps on the bumper.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    abarth-coupe-14.jpg

@zenwalker, I agree with Girish and even better is Varunrtr's idea. Getting the grill made, and using a stencil and spray gun to get this effect. The local roadside paint garage can also help you getting the nice results.