1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Number plate on lower grill, Possible?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello All,

Its been almost 1 Year since i had done any additions/mods to the car. Hence was thinking of adding more abarth on the car, so based on the Abarth 500 racing car, i liked the way ABARTH is written/painted on the front grill. Since our GP dont have that big/wide grills, so cant do.
    Hence came up with this simple photoshop idea.
    What ya think?

mod.JPG
    Also kindly let me know based on the image:

1. Can the number plate be fitted at that place? If so, how?
    2. Would number plate on the grill would attract the traffic cops? Am i violating any rule?
    3. Would cause any issues to the radiator or to any other parts? => Hypothetical guess ;)
    4. Anything else?

Thank you :)

P.S: Yes remap is in the pipeline, i need to learn alot about this car and fine tune my driving skills to know my needs for the maps.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker, point 3, having the number plate in the place where the air dam is might affect the air intake. Probably technical guys can shed more light into it.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Dont block that area. The intercooler is fixed there. Unnecessary complications might arise. It will be like covering the nasal passage.:)

Abdul
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks guys,
    Even I was very worried about effecting radiator or relevant parts.
    Any other ideas where else I can put the plate to achieve this snickering.?

Thanks
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't ever block the intercooler like that... check @Naughty 's thread , he wrote the number on the side of the bumper neatly..
    or you can change the grille to mesh grille and you can easily write Abarth there like in the pic while keeping number plate at the same place

564542_10151671991530922_845844976_n.jpg
    Naughty likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @varunrtr
    How about a smaller number plate than I have now. Something similar or much smaller than the plates on front of swifts. That should not block much of air in flow to intercooler, right?

Since the height of Lowe grill is much smaller than the abarth you have shown so it won't be possible to have such written or rather not much visible hence i thought of this way.

Btw could you please point me to his thread you mentioned?
    Thanks
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @varunrtr
    Yes I got it. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll consider your idea.
    His mod really looks kool. Hope I won't be attracting cops o_0

@Naughty
    3-1-jpg.22220
    You didnt Had much trouble from the cops?
    I am taking your idea though ;)
    Naughty likes this.
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I do not think it is legal to have the registration number like this. Sure to attract a lot of cops.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @pv_krish
    Have seen few guys doing similar way number plats at the same spot. Especially the indica cabs.