1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Now I am too a Fiatian !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pandemd, Sep 6, 2013.

1. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Dear Friends,
    Now I am too Fiatian !!! This statement makes me really proud. My name is Milind; I am a Civili Engineer working in a Construction Company in Pune.

Fiat Linea was always in my wish list (I said 'was' because I own it now :)) since her launch. Her beauty and classic looks always were and will be stunning, admirable and it's really guaranteed.

I was holding a Tata Indica DLS previously, she had turned 5 years on 18th and her odo was 103000 kms. She started giving excuses since last five months. Approximately after every 10-15 days a new problem was being discovered. Upto one lakh kms, she ran fantastic, I never got mileage below 18 with 100% AC, her maintenance cost was just 71 paise per km. But in last three months she consumed approx. 42000 Rs. in various servicing. So decision was made to say her a good bye.

Like I said before, Linea was in my wish list but like others I was too influenced by Ecosport. But it had a several thousand kilometer long queue. And no dealer in Pune and Nagar was able to give delivery before 7 to 8 months. So I made a mind and started searching other options. I compared Honda Amaze, Toyota Etios, Hyundai Verna, Ford Fiesta, Tata Manza and Maruti SX4. I shortlisted Verna and Linea from these. Finally I decided to go for Linea. My very long awaited wish in mind was going to be fulfilled soon and I was exited. A friend of mine in Ranjangao plant also influenced me by offering a handsome discount.

Then I visited Sky Moto Fiat in KSB Chowk, Pimpri Chinchwad along with my colleague. In second visit after 2 days the deal was finalized. I booked 1.3 Dynamic on 25th of Jul. in exchange of Indica. The delivery was delayed for n number of reasons, some of them were genuine and some of them were false. I took delivery on 7th Aug. And I felt proud taking a Fiat out of the showroom. The odo was showing 94 kms, whereas the car came straight from the plant, my friend had examined it there but plant is just 60 km from Pune. On asking marketing person said after handing over to the dealer; they do also check the car by Test Drive. This was new to me. During PDI I found rear left door not closing properly, It had some strange sound while closing. Mechanic checked and said it is OK.

My four and half year old son was also with me during PDI. I then took the car straight to Fuel Pump in Nigdi. I switched the AC on after this; and I was shocked after a while. It was not cooling at all. No one will believe, this is our third car in a company. Earlier this had happened to Wagon R and Dezire. In these two brand new cars; refrigerant gas was not at all filled in the plant. I thought the same case might be happened to me also. I immediately called the marketing guy and told him the concern. It was already 6:30 pm then; so he advised me to go home and he will send the driver to pick up the car next day. After reaching home, I noticed rear left door was not opening from inside. And off course child lock was off. Next when I called him, he said they have official inauguration on 8th Aug. and will send driver next day. On 9th the driver came and took the car. Meanwhile I called my friend but he said everything was perfect at plant. I got a call from Service Adviser and he told the problem was with the cooling coil, oil leakage from compressor had damaged the cooling coil. I was not at all satisfied by his answer. How a 100 km old car can be suffered from problem like oil leakage? He told me this is a major work and can not be completed in a single day as dashboard needs to be dismantled and refitted for this. I was not in immediate need of the car so I told him, he can keep the car for one more day, but please complete all the checking. He also got the rear left door rectified.

After this repair the car is just fantastic. The ride quality, handling, suspension is just superb. But some how I feel, there is a little less power in gear 2 & 3, I am not confident but is this related to gear ratios? I had taken this car to our Lonavala project twice and it's really fun driving this beast on expressway.

Thank you very much for reading up to this point.

Milind Pande
    5 people like this.
  2. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Congo for the beauty man..wlcm to TFI...m also pursuing my btech in civil engineering :)
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Welcome aboard and Congrats on the buy. Please let your words and excitation and enthusiasm of owning FIAT speak by the pictures :p

There is a lag from 2-3 which is for very short duration. In my GP its around 5-6 seconds.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hello Milind, Welcome to TFI and congratulations for your new beast.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Milind, Welcome to TFi.
    Lets meet up some time during pune mini meet in future :)

Also post some pix of your ride :)
  6. kimster

kimster Timido

Solan H.P.
    congratulations Sir,
    welcome to TFI
    regards from a fellow newbie.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Congratulations Milind!! Do upload some pictures. no not some but many :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Congrats Milind for your Italian love. Its Linea's Driving capabilities that make its owner to fall in love with her even with niggles but I am wondering how FIAT people can produce car with manufacturing defects considering low number of production. I think FIAT's new car failure ratio must be higher then that of SUSU..KI etc
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congrats, but really sad about the inauspicious beginning, equally surprised to note that you took it easily but a big shame on fiat.
    Now isn't it clear as to why the Indian majority avoids Fiat like plague.
  10. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Hi Milind,
    Welcome to TFI and hearty congratulations on your owning a Linea . Great to know that u r also from Pune.

Shrinivas Patil

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.