1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Novatel Mini Dash Cam - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by zenwalker, Jan 5, 2016.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @zenwalker , I read/viewed many reviews before I got my dashcam. They say that cams with battery should be avoided , instead a capacitor one is better. Also the one you mentioned will be too much visible and occupy a good amount of windshield/drivers view.
    This dash cam is now way mini I would say, see mobius as a reference.
    Also the specs say 32GB max storage, check if it can support 64GB.

The one I have also lists 32GB , but on various forums it was confirmed that 64GB works too. I now have 64GB installed in the cam and it works great.

Here's the link to my cam : http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html
    The one you mentioned is much cheaper though.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks @avithe1, When i watch its review videos over youtube.It looks promising and the size isnt of a big concern here. Ill look out for more reviews. Thanks
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @zenwalker, have you completed the search and got one by now?

I am looking for past few months and am unable to decide whether to go for cheap ones like <100 US$ or costly ones. You must have seen dashcamera.co.in. What about DOD and SJCAM4000? The later is a cheaper replacement for GOPRO they say. I would kile to go for SJCAM for its multiple utility, but for the problem of fixing it behind the RVM. The VIOFO A118C looks to fit the need here.

Any comments?
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @avithe1 since how long have you been using it? how is it doing now. Price looks much cheaper than Sj4000 . Can you put any video and pics of how it is kept in the car, looks like it doesn't have a vacuum mount and fixed directly. Any more accessories required to buy along with it? Sorry for this rapid fire round :D :D
    zenwalker likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Ravi,

Not yet. Didnt get time to do more research. One of my friend informed me that he shall go for the chinese model and test it out. Not sure if he has done it. Was waiting for his review on it.

The one you mentioned has a good reviews, i also see few images of the stands/holders. Doesnt that works for the RVM? Or even to fit over the dashboard?

@avithe1,
    Yes as varun requested, kindly provide more info.

Thanks
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When I am researching a bit about this, came across another one G1W-CB , which is 15$ less than A118-C which you are using.. SJ4000 is slightly costlier than these two(15$ more than A118-C). While the SJ cam is proven, as many of my friends are using it for quite some time, would like to know the reliability of other two, before finalising!
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Back from garage - Welcome TFI! Was there any formal announcement? I couldn't find any. I have been visiting our forum daily more than once, but didn't do so only today, an here it is, back in business!

Has any member any update regarding dash-cam? I am still reading on net, but couldn't finalize one.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi, even same here. Not sure which to opt for.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    One of my friend is using the Transcend Drive Pro 220. It has got good quality video recording with in built GPS, Lane departure warning and Speed warning too. It is a little pricey though.