1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nothing special about my new car, except that its a 'PUNTO'

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by krismask, Nov 25, 2013.

1. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Hello Everyone,

Finally, the Punto has come home on 15th November. Prolonged wait has finally come to an end. Its a Pearl White MJD, Active variant. Please be aware that this is my FIRST initial ownership write up and excuse me if I had missed some key information. Please do ask for any missing information and I will share the same.

About me : Please check here

I have taken the delivery of Punto MJD 1.3 Active(Vocal white) from RDC Fiat, Chennai. It was an above average experience dealing with RDC. My thoughts on RDC dealership has been posted here . Managed to strike what I believe was a decent deal after being persistent and patient. Earlier this year, I had to sell my pre owned Santro due to an personal emergency + since she has began to seek attention consistently. Since then I was in look out for car but all the thought process was only to buy an pre owned car again due to Vitamin M. Was spending time on Quickr, OLX for many days and had been calling few interesting listings as well. However due to some personal situations, never went close to purchase of any car. We had budgeted around 2.5 - 3 Lakh for an pre owned car. My wife was seeing how desperate I was to buy an car again, however she was composed and was deferring the decision to buy car siting the personal situations we were in. She was right too. Sometime in July, when we were certain that our personal issues were settling down. So the car hunt started again, but then My wife to my surprise said why don't we get a new car and lets stretch the budget to 4 - 5 Lakh. I was like :), I was never thinking of a new car since she would never approve it being the financial controller of the house. I decided before she changes mind I had to do make sure I get a new car. So how we decided on Punto has been discussed here already.

PDI
    Have completed the PDI @ dealer's stock yard on 9th November. I have shared the PDI details and many photos of the PDI here.

Paper Work
    I was called into their showroom three days prior to delivery date saying Form 20 is ready. Went there and waited for 45 minutes before they turned up with necessary papers. They have prepared Form 20 already without verifying if the details were right. Fortunately two mistakes I found were nothing major. First mistake was that they haven't left a space between my first name and last name. Second mistake was in my favor slightly, the manufacturing date was mentioned as October instead of September. I refused to sign the Form 20 and asked them to correct their mistakes. Three people(CRM, Insurance Advisor & Sales Rep) gave me five different excuses in five minutes on why there wasn't a space between my first name and last name. Gave them little peace of mind and then went ahead and signed the form 20. Apart from the registration papers, there were other mistakes too. Like Chasis no was mentioned right in delivery receipts. Initial quotes were sent to me for Dynamic model even though I booked Active variant. Cash receipts indicated I paid it for Petrol variant instead of Diesel. So I spent extra time on form 20 and insurance to ensure all details were correct. Except the space issue on my name, everything else was correct.

Delivery day, 15th November 2013
    Well, it was an extra ordinary day as an proud owner of Pearl White Punto. I reached RDC Fiat @ 4.45 PM and completed all the paper works. Number plates, Reverse parking sensors were not installed when I reached the show room. I was seeing Punto standing outside with door handles and OVRM's painted in body color. She looked great than how I saw her during the PDI. Then I went ahead and was completing my paper work for delivery. Specifically told them that I don't want the car to be decorated with ribbon since we were expecting showers that evening. During the process, I was inquiring about the Security code card from the Customer Relations Manager who was doing the paper work. She said that in past two or three months, the code was not given to any customers. She promised that she'll check and let me know about the same. A day after the delivery, I called the sales person I dealt with and he mentioned that the code card will be in the Glove box and indeed it was there.

Ok coming back to the delivery, as per met department heavy showers where expected on delivery day due to cyclone Wilma. Even my colleagues recommended to defer the delivery day saying why sloshing the new white car in rain ? But then I waited for months for this day and my family presence was scheduled already. So I didn't bother and went ahead with the delivery. Of course, the car has to face the rain on or the other day. Around 5.30 PM I was called out by the CRM team. We went out and there she was :p

Of course, we've seen many beauties(Punto's) on the road till date, but it's a very good feeling when the beauty is 'MINE' ;-). While my delivery was happening, they also had an Punto emotion for delivery too. So preparation were done together for pooja and all. Then all the the RDC staff assembled, little pooja was done and everyone clapped and congratulated 'Happy Motoring'. I liked their gesture, but focus was now to lay hands on the Punto. Thanked everyone in the show room and had my family to settle in the car. Apparently, my two and half year old son rushed towards the driver seat and sat on my lap saying he will sit on my lap only. I was like :eek:, but you know when you have kids it happens. Took the car out of the show room @ 5.40 PM having my son sitting on the lap and he stayed on me until I parked the car in our parking. There was absolutely no fuel, fuel gauge was very well below 'E' mark. Petrol bunk was some 200-300 meters from dealership and headed there directly to fill Diesel. From there, went straight to 'Bodyguard Munishwarer' temple which is quite famous in Chennai for vehicle poojas(new/pre owned). Completed the poojas by 6.30 PM and it started raining. Drove back home in the rain. Punto did please me in the first day itself. I am going to stop and here and take some breath to write more.

What more to come ?
    1. Initial Driving impressions.
    2. Accessories,addons and upgrades done so far. Seat cover, steering cover pics already posted here .
    3. From Stock JK, how did I do a upgrade to MRF ZLO 185/70 R14(set of 4) for Rs.3560/-.
    4. Max mileage achieved in the first 400 KMS ride.
    5. First mishap on the road. Minor though, no spoilers here.
    6. Likes and dislikes about the car.
    7. Objectives achieved in keeping the car initial ownership cost including OTR @ 6 Lakh or less. What were the objectives achieved ?
    8. OTR break up.
    9. Clarifications required on certain points about Punto's usage from fellow TFI'ans.
    10. Snaps taken after accessories addition's.

Thanks for taking time to go through my post. Hope some day, I'll learn to write short and sweet. Forgive me again for being lengthy. Its time for adding some pics taken during the delivery.
    a1.JPG a2.jpg a3.JPG a4.JPG a5.JPG
    17 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hey Krismask,
    I like that you did not hide the number plate. That is a nice car mumber you have there. You have Tamilnadu and CM both ! :D
    Happy Puntoing !
    1 person likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations!!! Punto definitely looks gorgeous in white, do take care if her and happy happy mile crunching!!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    many congratulation buddy and yes Punto is special.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Many many congratulations on bringing home the Punto. Being a Punto is in itself a special thing.

If you are upgrading the tyres, I would suggest opt for Michelin XM2 instead of MRF's. The Michelins are known to have better road grip and less road noise. More about it when you post more.

Till then happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  6. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations !!!! Is it that in TN you get the Number directly at the time of delivery ? Becaise in Maharashtra and Gujarat as well
    we get the vehicle passing No. almost after one or two weeks of delivery of vehicle...

One more point it seems you have got the door handles painted before delivery itself .. as active dosent get body colored door handles...
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, congratulations your Punto in VW looks good, enjoy the ride and drive safely.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Kris on your NPW Punto,Punto in white looks simply stunning & classy.enjoy the ride with your Punto,Happy miles.Every Punto is special for us.
    Nice number plate TN & CM both are there in your Punto.:DNice pics too.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Congrats Kris.. Looking forward to see your thread updated on a regular basis..

Happy mile munching :)
  10. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Girish. I've already upgraded to MRF ZLO on day 2 of ownership. Had bought MRF ZLO's before even the Punto was delivered. Of course there XM2's are the best, I drove 10K kms on my Santro with XM2 before selling it. This time around got a good deal on MRF ZLO which I couldn't let go.

Hi Ashish, here in TN you get your vehicle registration number in a day. Only the RC book takes couple of weeks before we could get it in our hand. Until then vehicle delivery paper's can be used to answer cops if caught. Yes, I got the door handles painted before the delivery.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013