1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nothing but problems with Linea T Jet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rsinfo, May 14, 2011.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    @Axn,

I just got my 1st service from Vivek Auto. No problems since then but I plan to contact Mr.Sharma if I face any further problem.

Thanks for his phone no.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    rsinfo,

The rear "thud" noise over potholes/ speed breaker could most probably be due to tyre pressure. Reduce the pressure with several combination of trials & check. Why am I saying this? While starting a long trip, I got this thud noise at rear in my Linea Petrol when she goes over even the cement road edges. I stopped at a petrol pump on the way & got the tyre pressure reduced. The noise was gone & never reappeared. Why it had appeared? I over-inflated the tyre because of the full passenger load & full boot load of luggage on a long trip.

PS: I generally use higher air pressure in tyres - higher than required. But this thud noise came only once or twice in above typical scenario. Never occurred again.

Try various levels of air pressure in tyres & check.
  3. Hi rsinfo,

Just to add on Vento thing, my couple of friends booked vento and got delivery after 2-3 months and during that time dealer gave a damn to their calls. Vento did not have basic accessories like mud flaps, mats etc for months even after getting the delivery of cars. The pickup at 2nd gear is very slow of vento.

And on HC, they are selling only 4-5 % of HC nowadays. One of my friend had an issue where they sold 10 months old car to him (it was manufactured in feb 2010 and sold in Dec 2010).

So morale of the story is all cars are good, its just that our experience makes them very good or worse.

Btw, at what speed you have drove italian beauty? and did it turn you on? :)
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The beauty turned me on, that's why I bought it in first place. :D

I have not driven above 120 km/hr as I have not been able to get out of Delhi for quite some time.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Finally some action on poor service from Rama Motors.

I got a call on Friday [27/05/11] from Rama Motors enquiring about the problems I had with them. I gave the lady an earfull after which she called me again in 5 minutes, apolgising profusely for the problems faced. She told me that she had taken up the service issues with higher ups & they would be resolved. She then offered to send me gifts & an apology letter on behalf of management.

Today [30/05/11], the chap from Rama Motors turned up at my residence with a box of chocolates, a miniature Linea model & a satisfaction letter instead of an aplogising letter. :uh.

Naturally I refused to sign the satisfaction letter as I was & am not satisfied at all with their service but still its a small step. Hope that they buckup their service department as their sales department is very good.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @rsinfo: The problems that you facing is not major. Please change the service station next time. After all have a good relation with the service person. Try to convince the problem. I also had some kind of scrapping noise in my Punto 2 or 3 times. It just disappeared now. I had some problems with engine warning light coming on in cold start. It never appeared in when engine was hot. I just watched the problem. captured the video and copied it on a CD. The service manager sit with me with his lap top and he also analyzed all the possibilities. Finally he told me that he will come to my home, will connect the scanning machine run the car and Analise the data. But luckily the problem got over by simple software updation. What I want to tell you is that get as much as data of the problem for example how frequent noise comes, at what speed, whether it is happening for particular height etc. Enjoy with the car. All problem can be resolved.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    @sungoa2010, I have already changed the SC from Rama Motors to Vivek Auto. The noise has not reappeared after 1st service. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Happy to hear that. Wish your jet fly without any problems.
  9. I hope most of your problems have now been sorted out.
    You should fill up 36 up front and 33 at the rear in case of T-JET+. I own the same and the sticker you find upon opening the drivers door says so. Also check in the boot in case if there is anything lying around lose near the spare wheel. I know it sounds stupid but never know :).
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Hopefully yes, but with Fiat you can't be 100% sure.

I always fill till recommended pressure, but since the petrol pump is around 1 km from my home I can't be very sure about the cold tyre pressure.