1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nothing but problems with Linea T Jet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rsinfo, May 14, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

hi Srikaratluri, putting a 80kg on the sprung weight is not at all a good idea. this will do more damage than good.
    go and install the coil spring adjusters. check the pics below coil.JPG
  2. italia-linea
    sir i di not understand..
    what will be the damage??
    i will consoder removing the weight from my car..
    and what is this adjuster for??
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

that is a weird modification but sure looks practical.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@Srikar bhai there is a difference between the suspension of a people carrier like Innova and personal cars like the Linea.

Manufacturers spend a lot of R&D on suspension setups and the bottomline is -we should not tinker with them.

That is my sincere advise.

5. gurjinder
    thank you for the info sir.
    that means it would not do much damage to the suspension setup of the innova and I can continue with the weight????
    i got the weight fixed as the car would be self driven or with a single passenger most of the time.and no one sits at the rear. the rebound was much. to reduce it got the plate fixed

sir sorry to hijack your thread
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

OT, sorry

Srikar, attaching a random weight of 80kg on the rear of your innova does not sound right to me.

If i were you, i'd be thinking of changing the coil springs to suit my use rather than placing a load on the existing ones.
  7. eyeguy

@ rsinfo

I feel your pain bro!
    After owning a hassle free Santro for 6 years I too was anoyed that the most expensive sedan from Fiat should have problems right from the start.
    I had a brake noise problem (very minor issue compared to yours but the irrtation was the same).
    I would like to advise only two things
    1. Search for the right service centre ( which I think you have found now,isn't it)
    2. Remember it's a Fiat so ... what you can't cure...endure!)

Having said that let me reassure you once all the problems are solved you will have a whale of a time driving the car.
    Think of it as a temperamental Italian sports sedan and not a Japanese family car.
    You have to spend time with it but the pleasure driving it gives you is worth it in the end.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    It can't be normal. It comes irrespective of the no. of passengers,luggage etc.

Me too. After 70-80 kmph is sounds as if somebody has left a window open & some occassions I have to double check every window.

Same here. After owing a Maruti & Hyundai car, I was expecting FIAT to at least match them.

I am willing to spend some time with this tempramental beauty, but I sincerely hope it doesn't turns into a beast. :drinks

I agree with gurjinder about modifying the car's suspension. Leave it alone.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
  9. HarishSegar

Same here. Having said that, try lowering the window you will be surprised at the noise outside. Its really loud. NVH reduction works but its just not enough for higher speeds.

When i get some time, I am going to try some dampening with something like dynamat at strategic locations. Most of it is just vibrations & sound and they can be deflected or absorbed. Tyres could also be the other reason.

A curious thought though, considering the TJet plus has bigger wheels, did they set up the suspension differently? All the problems we face appear to be related to running lower profile tyres.
  10. gurjinder
    thanks for the info.
    now after some vit. m that softer springs will be on the cards. dont you think that the body roll would increase greatly if the springs would become soft??
    what about the brace??

rsinfo & harish
    did you guys try with the ovrm's closed???
    that reduces the noise to a great extent