1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nothing but problems with Linea T Jet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rsinfo, May 14, 2011.

1. rsinfo
    sir try getting the door pad removed and get the holder of the window glass nad the bushes..
    that might be the cause. of the window vibration.

get the underbody checked for any loose bits or bolts.
    is the sound scraping sound or normal vibration sound??
    or is it THUD sound from the rear suspension as such??

Also try to get in touch with some TFI member in the NCR region. they might be of help when you go to the service center
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    srikaratluri,

Window vibration & the sound from right have not occured after service. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  3. so the only problem left is the underbody sound which comes and vanishes with a mind of its own I guess???
    sir ever tried going cross over the bumps on the road??
    i had a wierd problem in my punto..
    there was no road it was a path made for tractors and sort.. i had to go..
    when ever a hump was in the middle i tried to center it like we do for a pothhole..
    the scrapping was more..
    so i started going over the humps with one side of the car over it..like with the tyres going over the humps. and the sound is gone
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Its not a scraping sound its more like "thud" as if something just hit the ground with full force. Only occurs if there is pothole or speed breaker on left side and the tyres go through them.

It has vanished now but am sure would come back again.
  5. that is no issue sir.. get the air pressure checked in the tyres. put the rear pressure 30-33 range when cold.that thing is very common in most of the cars.
    igot the pressure in my tyres reduced even and mine being a punto with almost same suspension setup with resser weight at the back stopped making such sound..
    ot try fixing a 50 kgs plate to the boot section. that problem will be gone..
    or is the sound coming from the spare wheel being loose???
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I was also thinking about the tyre pressure. I have observed that the sound is more likely to come after filling in the air. I always get them filled to recommended pressure of 30 psi for rear tyres & 36 psi for front tyres.

Linea is already much heavier than Punto & fixing a 50 kg. plate to the boot section is going to make it even heavier & less fuel efficient. Anyway, but how does fixing of such dead weight in boot helps ?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No no, do not get any additional weights or anything like that attached. Thats a silly suggestion.

The stock T-JET is a sorted car , and does not give out any noises as you mentioned. The best way to solve it is by going to a better service centre . And let them handle and rectify the issues.

Gurjinder.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rsinfo- The thud sound is absolutely normal. It comes only when the rear seats are vacant. Maybe because of stronger recoil or something. Do not put any weight in the boot. I will post one pic later when I have access to my regular PC to explain in greater details.
  9. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    @rsinfo: Welcome to the forum!

I am a TJet plus owner too and trust me, i have been through the same. Multiple minor annoyances but get the right people involved and it gets resolved.

On the sound, i am not really happy with the NVH reduction. I know some of these noises are normal but why is it filtering into the cabin?
  10. to all the sirs out there
    sir i got a 80kgs plate fixed in my innova to reduce the recoil. its a method to soften the suspension and lower the center of gravity so that the lower end of the car does not get into the air(jump).
    it might reduce the efficiency by a few points only though.

HasrishSegar
    sir what noices are filtering into the cabin??
    wind noise??
    the lovely beat of the tjet??