1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Not your regular Nano

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by anoop, Sep 22, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Who's gonna buy this anyway?? A Rolls Royce or a Bentley would be a better choice.And with all that glittering gold wrapped around it, would be a thief's choice anyday :p
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No matter how much gold you put on it, its still a bloody nano...nothing but Sparkling SHIT !!
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I respect everyone's views here .. but calling it a piece of shit is a bit too much . IMHO its a wonderful creation , the kind of work that has gone into it , the vision behind such a project . I admire TATA for doing what he promised . Agreed he wasn't able to keep his promise of limiting the car to its 1 lakh bracket but still its a pretty good car . It has caught the fancy of people worldwide . It has given the Indian automobile industry the much needed attention , worldwide . The nano was merely meant to be a replacement for the scooter , which for long stood as the preferred or the only mode of transport for small families who couldn't afford cars . We were never the target audience for this car . And to compare this car with other available cars or to rate this car based on features would be wrong . This was never supposed to be a featured luxury car . Like I said , just a replacement for the trusty scooter . Today we buy a 600 CC hyosung or a ninja for 5 lakh rupees which has no air bags , serves as a transport only if you intend it to only for 2 people . Look at the Nano . Priced at around 2 lakhs , you get a roof with a lil bit of safety , at least lots more than a ninja or a hyosung and comes with the optional AC and almost takes the same amount of parking space as those two bikes together and equals the mileage offered by the two bikes .

The Nano gold was never meant to be sold . They wanted to celebrate the Tanishq anniversary and what better way to use one of their eye catching news making products . Agree or not , had they done a Indica in gold it wouldn't have caught so much attention . But a Nano in gold , hell yeah . Everyone talks about it . IMHO I think they succeeded in making news .
  5. This Sparkling $#!t is not for sale but for promoting TATA's gold plus store.

I Second gautamkhadse for being against calling this 'Engineering Marvel' as whatever sort of $#!t. IMHO Nano is a feel proud product for the Indians by an Indian. Come on guys this is a cute looking like a Baby, yes look at her again she will look at you like a Baby, and please don't throw those harsh words at her.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I agree with gautamkhadse . The nano is an engineering marvel - but at the same time, it is a marketing disaster too.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Sparkling shit? how can u say that... just because its the cheapest car money can buy decorated with ornaments as an advertizement?
    Its a promotional event and just because its a nano it has gathered so much publicity.

I am proud of nano as a product. Its is engineered not to be awesome but to be cheap & affordable. so that a regular Indian can afford a 4 wheeler. It takes BALLS to get on a project like that and still earn profits through the sales of this car. Till date no company has come close to the pricing of this car.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its not because of the fact that its the cheapest car , i called so, but the way it has been built . well, the primary objective of ratan tata was to make car for the aam junta, and he succeeded in making it, but did the people accept it ? you can never say that the marketing was poor, the ads are brilliant and portrayed beautifully , it gained so much hype and attention that anyone can dream of but it wont just happen .I can never call it an engineering marvel, because i very well knew how it was built as i worked with a tata svc for some time.... cost cutting to an extreme levels make it highly worthless. maruti 800 for almost the same cost drives far far better than this, it may not be technically advanced but its handling and drivability, i ll give a plus 100 compared to nano (only)! not a single nano that rolled out of the showroom here have gone out with satisfactory in flying colours, it was sure to come back on the first week, every other car had some or the other retrofitting to be done, servicing is another pain in the ass(yeah literally :p ), everything is positioned so difficult to access , even for the workshop ppl to do.
    yes, it gained so much attention just bcoz it was done on a nano as its the trump card that tata has now, and being the smallest car , it would be cheapest to cover it with gold when you compare it with any RR/lr / jag or even aria :p...But am not arguing with that.. tata could have done that also as it wasnt the problem of money arising here, but their credential !!
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    @Varun : DOnt get me wrong buddy . BUt i kinda feel like reading a Team BHP members post trying to bash FIAT just because its a FIAT . We all said its a engineering marvel and I would stand by what I said and am sure others would too . LIke I said earlier the costs could not be kept at the same number as they were expected . COuld have been the duty or the rising cost of every thing in this world which forced the price of Nano to increase as well . Hell , even the milk has gone up by almost 6-8 Rs in the last year . When we say it was a engineering marvel it doesnt take into account after sales service or assembly line issues . You need to understand what this product was meant to be , it was just suposed to a be a replacement for the trusty scooter .

I compared the nano to a Ninja or a Hyosun thats available nowadays . Chalo , lets just forget that example . Lets take the example of an Auto RIckshaw . It costs less that a auto . And for all the money you pay for an auto you get a soft top , absolutely uncomfortable seating position , impossible to take it to long rides and I dont think it would go to ladakh ,I've read a blog on BCM touring where two guys took a nano to ladakh .. yeah all the way when it was snowing heavily . I'll try and find that link for you .

The marketing and after sales support is a different aspect all together. And even Bajaj tried their hands at a similar project and that project was eventualy shelved . Even the prototype looked like a disaster .

TOmorrow if the nano was manufactured with all the frills similar to a smart car I would not think twice about paying 4 times its price today . Because its a practical car . Its what our environment needs today no a fuel guzzling SUV .

And again , maybe the use of the word CHEAP was not right . The word cheap means something really bad . The right word would be INEXPENSIVE . :)