1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Not yet a fiatian, Need your inputs

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dileep, Sep 25, 2015.

1. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

This is my first post into this esteemed forum. I need your suggestions and inputs for deciding which car to buy.

I am currently driving an i-10 and I want to upgrade to a sedan. I love cars but I have very limited experience with cars though I spend lot of time in team-fiat and other car forums.

These are my priorities not in any order.

1. Should be a real upgrade in terms of space and power (no sub 4 meter).
    2. Safety features and strong build quality (opening doors should give a good exercise for my biceps ).
    3. Good enough power for sudden overtaking maneuvers in single lane roads in Kerala(I am no metal-to-floor guy, but it is always nice to have ample power on tap).
    4. Excellent ride quality and backseat comfort (for my wife and kid).
    5. Good ground clearance.

Cars under consideration(My usage does not demand a diesel, so only petrols are considered with a budget of 10 L).

1. Vento -> strong build and safety features, but seating position is tad low for me and ground clearance is also a problem.
    2. Verna -> Never drove one but sat in the back seat for a trip and that's the end of it.
    3. Honda city -> Acres of space, good power, but built is tinny and ground clearance is also an issue.
    4. FIAT TJET -> I recently test drove a t-jet and was amazed by it ride, power and build quality. Show room guy was kind enough to allow me to drive on all kind of roads and I came back satisfied. Now the biggest question is should I buy one?

My biggest worry is the future of Fiat in India. Last month they sold very less Puntos and even lesser Lineas. I know they are coming with Abarth and Jeep brands but those are not volume pullers and dealerships won't be able survive long with the current numbers.
    I am currently residing in Trivandrum (Kerala) and the dealership is very near to my office.
    I can't discuss this topic anywhere other than in this forum because everybody thinks I am crazy to even think about buying a fiat(although every one fiat cars).

Two more queries.

1. 70K is offered as discount on dynamic variant, should I bargain for more?
    2. What is the real life mileage you can expect from T-Jet, driving on outskirts of a city like Trivandrum (I don't drive too fast or too slow)?
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @dileep

fiat is brand which grows with you once you own it and yes they will be here for future.

1) Kerala market is one of the biggest markets for fiat in india, just check in cochin, you will be amazed to see the large number of puntos on road.

2) Cochin has got 2 fiat dealers in an non metro city.

3) fiat is not looking to expand with mass segment products but catering to niche and performance segment.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dileep

Dealers make money mainly from servicing, i.e., as long as they have enough of a flow of cars coming in for servicing they'll be ok. There surely are enough older and newer Fiat Linea- and Punto-s in Trivandrum, a good market for Fiat, so.

For the rest: the new MD, Kevin Flynn, has publicly commited to supporting the dealers with inventory and with credit as also new launches (Linea Elegante, Abarth Punto, etc) till end-2016/2017, when the all-new Linea-replacement, a 'New Avventura' etc will be launched.

They had a plan they announced 2 years ago when they split from tata's retail operations: so far, give or take a few months, they've stuck to that pre-announced plan pretty exactly. i.e., the commitment is there.

In any case, with spares available from 99rpm.com and with TFi, and other, FIAT owning communities in every city, there' no real reaon to sweat, really.

You must remember that the FIAT/Chryler of the Marchionne years is NOT like the struggling FIAT of say 8-10 year ago, anywhere in the world. Their commitment levels to their plans, whether one find them good and fast or too slow, are really high, right across markets from the US to Turkey and Brazil.

And with JEEP being made here, also for exports, there's IMO even less reason to fear that FIAT will quit the marketplace, ruthlessly dominated though it is by just 2-3 firms (MS, HY and Honda).

Buying the awesome t-jet at these sorts of prices, with these warranties etc, is still a great bet, with very good odds!

cheers, all the best
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Dr Nitin Dutta, Amit Rox and bibin like this.
  4. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ dileep, I remember Fiat having 2 showroom in Trivandrum out of which I have visited one near kazhakootam ( the new one shifted from toll). Their service was good.
    To drive in roads of kerala, Tjet will be an ideal one as most of all are 2 lanes where you need to negotiate very frequently.

We have seen mileage of 20-22 KMPL also in this forum.whereas the normal life mileage mentioned over here is 15-17 KMPL. As you know this numbers are also depend on driving style. Considering traffic in trivandrum, you should be getting around 13-16Kmpl
    dileep likes this.
  5. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

I have booked Linea Tjet yesterday, now in the process of applying for loan. Will update with more details soon.
  6. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats. Which colour have you selected?
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations.. Tjet is an awesome choice. You will now love the drive back home (when there is less traffic)..
    What variant?
  8. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for all the wishes...

Its dynamic variant in minimal grey color(Wife's choice, happy wife happy life).
    Ganges, Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    "happy wife happy life" :pompous:
    Pavan Puvvada and prabhjot like this.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats but IMHO you u should have gone for city. Even i am considering buying City for my father.