1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Not yet a fiatian, Need your inputs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by prabhjot, Oct 21, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The City is, not very arguably, the worst car in its/this segment, and not at all only because it's the most expensive too!

@prashantgupta84
    rusticnomad likes this.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can live with a honda city rather than with a FIAT in Jaipur where they have already got a very bad reputation becuase of the service and attitude of staff. I dont see a single Fiat selling in Jaipur and for that matter in other cities apart from metros. FIAT is doomed in India whatever they do. We can discuss about Fiat in million of post but the fact will remain.Fiat selling 300-400 cars month after month after month. When a new product from any manufacturer sells the same in one month what fiat sells in 24 months........and every car buyer is not a fool. I have city, rapid, altis, laura, santro, swift, figo, i 10, nano, punto, vento, polo in our house......
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to the Club -- T-Jet club to be precise :)
    VW and Skoda are two brands that I wouldn't even have touched with a 10 yard barge pole -- and in hindsight I think that was a great decision, given the famous VW scandal globally. Once a cheat always a cheat.

I have read lot of rants against FIAT, but they just are RANTS at best. Honda city and Verna's not my taste. Have had no issues with service center so far, though we only have one in my city. When we are deciding on buying, lot many free advises came in flying in favor of Verna and City. But, we knew what we were doing when we bought T-Jet. It's "DIFFERENT". Now same guys who were trying their best to convince me to buy Verna/City love T-Jet. Also, I never bothered what these so called reviewers wrote because my driving experience is more than the age of few of these reviewers :)

If 500x is launched by the time I am in market for next car, I will buy that blind-folded. I don't look for useless DRL's and Touchscreens as USP :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 22, 2015 ---
    Someone was aiming for dzire on my forum (not auto related in any way). Convinced against Dzire and finally the choice has narrowed down to T-Jet and Duster. Anything between the two would finally win. I am not from Metro and Jaipur is lucky to have two, but we have only one dealer and service center. Never faced any issue with service center. A single mail to FIAT is what service center is scared of. Personal experience.

Just came across this from Jaipur:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Dr Nitin Dutta and prabhjot like this.
  4. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    City would have been my choice if Tjet deal didn't go through, but I have to say other than space,engine and Honda badge I couldn't find any positives in new generation city(purely my personal opinion). The only risk I am taking is Fiat ASS(not by quality but by availability ). Currently they have service centers in both where I work as well as in my home town where I spend most of my time.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  5. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats @dileep. One of the best cars in the segment and a wise decision too. I'm Sure the build quality, stability, uncompromising Italian design will bring joy to your ride
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    rusticnomad likes this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    for a real experience please got to Santosh Fiat in Jaipurand i can promise u will curse urself of buying fiat. By the way i have had gud experience with Fiat ....u can check out my posts about Kashyap Fiat.....but nothing can change for Fiat. I have lost hope.....earlier i used to Fiat with people to buy Fiat....Now i just tell them its ur choice.

And i dont want my parents and friends to suffer and get humiliated by visiting Fiat service centers in small cities.

I was cheated by Santosh Fiat. They charged me for a new part when in fact they put a used part from some other car and this happened in front of my Brother in law. He was lucky that he was overseeing the work. The manager flatly refused it. After a lot of fighting and threatening by my Brother in law the manager accepted it and apologized. this thing wasted his 6 hours of. The actual story is long with other bad things.....
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84: Bro I understand that in general Fiat ASS is inferior to Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota. I won't go into its reasoning but I feel pity for us Indians who have to always compromise while going for a car in India. The cars that bring a lot of joy to the driver and have better build quality ( Fiat, Volkswagen(Skoda), Ford ) aren't best in ASS and other manufacturers like Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota blatantly fool the customers in the name of ASS. So at the end of the day it depends on the customer which side he wants to join.

It's sad that build quality and safety isn't given a preference in India. Look at Baleno, its 100 kgs lighter than the already flimsy Swift and the irony is that it comes with airbags in all the variants. These Asian manufacturers compromise on the build quality for better FE and peppier performance.

Few would take the other side who give safety and driving pleasure more preference.

Fiat like other Europeans have a longer service interval so one doesn't have to go to the ASS again and again. At times it takes some perseverance to get things done at FASS but I don't think it's a deterrent and with the Fiat future plans lined up, I don't think Fiat is shutting down any sooner.

IMO @dileep you have made one hell of a decision. Enjoy your T-JET and take good care of her. Linea T-JET is a far superior car than the Honda city.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bro......The secure feeling that one gets while driving on highway in Punto and Rapid cant be explained. Maruti and toyota cheap cars i believe are not at all safe.
    Turbothinghy and rusticnomad like this.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @prashantgupta84 -- Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I never leave my car in WS ever and I am always there, even if that means skipping lunch and going hungry. Every part that they put I chase them from bay to spare parts counter, check what is being handed over, what is being removed from car and whether they put the spare issued from the spare parts unit.

Not that I am paranoid about service/support, but if need be I mark CC to everyone concerned at FIAT. What surprised me was that for a case of a total of five cross head screws rusting (rear door near the lock assembly), a FCA personnel (Mr Vasan) flew down from Mumbai to inspect. Spares are replaced under warranty without a fuss, and in fact, once the rear central locking lock was failing for 5 days and when I reached WS it started working on its own. Despite this, WS replaced the actuator under warranty. I am from Indore, which has only one dealership and service center. So far, my experience with service center has been great and this includes the promptness with which FCA takes up any email to them. They always request me not to write to FIAT because a mail to FIAT is interpreted as a negative score for service center.

My simple reason for opting for FIAT was entirely based on my own experience of surviving at crash at 140 kmph in Opel Astra 1.6 (which I finally sold as scrap before buying T-Jet) with just a minor knee bruise and this always pushed me to European/American cars. Skoda/Vento was ruled out and I have detailed the reason in my buying thread. Also, my nephew owns a Polo (Petrol) and I know how much each scheduled service costs (fortune as compared to T-Jet).

Another reason is that I am not to big a fan of EAS (after having driven friend's i10's and i20's). T-Jet and Figo that we own both come with hydraulic steering. Ford screwed it up with their latest iterations which now carries EAS. Given a choice, I would always prefer hydraulic steering, as even at this age, I prefer doing high speeds. Contrary to popular rants against gear box, city driving comfort etc, I am at ease with T-Jet.

I plan to dispose off Figo in 2017 end and will be in market for a new vehicle, thereafter. If nothing new and exciting comes from Fiat, and I do make a lot of moola, I will go for Pajero Sports (again -- much against the popular choice of Fortuner), as some day I want to do Leh/Ladakh trip by road and prefer it in a SUV. Pajero has far few dealerships and service centers compared to FIAT. If that doesn't work out, then it will be T-Jet going doing Leh/Ladakh :)

T-Jet we intend to keep till it turns into scrap -- then we will sell it as scrap by weight, just like we did with Astra 1.6.
    Currently T-jet is on a drive -- brother and his family -- from Indore to Diu and returning on 24th night. Then she gets ready for a 2700 km sprint next month to Rajasthan. Knock wood, no problems so far.

I think when it comes to cars, one should always go by heart -- just as we do when we step out to break free from being a bachelor. Never take opinions of neighbors, friends as they may be too jealous to see you finding a beauty for your life. This I am saying from personal experience too. So for "Gaadi and Laadi" always listen to your heart ;)
  10. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys,

Need urgent help.

This is the VIN number I have received from the dealer.

MCA110BCE09038395EHZ

If I decode the date of production, it comes as MAY-2015 (E = May, HZ - 2015). This means I am getting a 5 month old vehicle.
    Are they trying to sell me a demo vehicle or a vehicle lying unused in the stockyard for such a long time?
    Am I missing something here?