1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Not enjoying at all!! Struggle continues!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mkm2010, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Guys!! trouble trouble and trouble!!! I don't know for how many days it will continue.
    Now I am leaving small issues. The issues like not getting accessories etc became negligible.
    Anyway coming to the main issue....
    Already told that got delivery of my car on 26th march. Enjoyed!! yes, enjoyed till 3rd April. On 4th april morning when I was about to go to market with my Punto I suddenly saw huge amount of pink colored oil came out from the front grill area. Oil spread over the left portion of the grill, also considerable amount of oil fall on the ground. Opened the bonnet try to discover which oil was that? After opening the lid of Hydraulic Steering Oil storage found it empty.
    Then the more pathetic experience appeared. As I live in a place on high way but away from kolkata.
    Called the dealer. They referred to RSA. Called RSA. They denied to send any technician and ready to send break down car. For that they charged 7000/-(approx). Called service supervisor of my dealer. As per him I have to take my car to them. But it was not possible. Got tata motor emergency service number from him. Called them. They also denied to send any technician and referred to RSA again. Called the dealer service supervisor again. From him got the number of service supervisor of B. D. Motors, durgapur. Called him. As per him he couldn't send technician at that time. All the day spent doing this.
    Feeling helpless and all the way close I called Mr. Madhur Sharma. That man again helped. He talked to Mr. Pradhan, service in charge, eastern region.
    At last on 5th April got a call from B. D. Motors service and a technician appeared at noon. He checked and found exact position of the leakage. The hydraulic steering oil hose pipe is bended through out the grill area may be for cooling. The hose is metal in the grill area and before and after that it is joined with plastic pipe. And the plastic portion near joint got ruptured and all the steering oil got drained. Informed to B. D. Motors service about that and technician left. On 6th april again that technician and a helper appeared. They opened the whole front portion and temporarily sealed the leakage so that they can take the car away to service center after pouring oil.
    On 7th april I called B. D. service supervisor. As per him that hose was not available with them. They ordered and it will take 7-8 days. I was really frustrated. Sent an e-mail to mr. Pradhan. And at noon Mr. Pradhan called me. As per him this pipe rarely got damage. Thats why availability is poor. They have to bring it from Pune factory. And for me they are bringing it by air and my car will be available within 3-4 days.
    On 9th I called B. D. service. Part was still not available. He promised to call me as soon as the part will reach to them.
    Anyway guys... already my post become very large. I am not calling any body now. Me, a frustrated man, is waiting for his dream car which he has bought with a huge loan.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Very sad story. Try to check the availability of this part with other SCs. Also, as I know, there is some process defined and any part can be delivered in 3 days time only.

First, ask for order number from SC.

Don't worry dear, your beauty will be all fine shortly.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

One important check i would do , if i were you -> Do check whether the power steering pump is mechanically fine or not( Ask the Service Centre guys to be doubly sure) .Since the oil was sprayed over the grill, that means it leaked under pressure while the engine was on. And there's a possibility that the pump would've operated without any oil in it.

And mind you , the power steering pump does NOT like being run without oil.

All the best,
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Sorry to hear this sad story.
    It is not usual for hydraulic steering oil hose pipe to get ruptured so early. :confused:
    But non availability of the same is a shortcoming of B.D. Motors.
    Last month there was a checkup camp at the TASS here and when I took my 19 month old Punto to them, they said this particular hose needs to be replaced. I got it changed the very next week. I did not face any issue of non availability.
    But don't lose heart, once these issues are sorted out, the car will be as good as ever.
  5. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

The power steering did not run without oil I think. Because as soon as the steering felt hard car was not run. Also when the technicians poured oil in the steering oil storage and temporarily sealed the leakage the steering was working fine. Still I will definitely call the service people of B.D. and tell them to check the p/p.
  6. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

This pipe is not even available with any dealer in eastern zone. Actually I have been struggling with different issues from the date of booking that is end of december'10. All the stories I have posted through diff threads on team-fiat.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you try to contact Fiat directly?

Why RSA denied to send technician? Has they given any reason to that?
  8. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

During purchasing process I contacted FIAT directly to get rid of a fraud sales manager. From their I got the contacts of senior officials of tata motors in eastern region. This time I called Mr. Madhur Sharma. He is the product in charge, eastern zone. Through him I contacted Mr. Pradhan. He is the service in-charge, eastern region. As per RSA, they are not really conversant with FIAT cars. Sounding ridiculous!! But they said it.
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

really sorry to hear abt ur woes. but it would certainly be over.

coming to tata guys in ur region, it is really gr8 to know that they took time out for you. Actually their DNA is generally not customer friendly (from my experience with delhi tata guys and general reports everywhere). Their would a Fiat guy for ur region in Kolkata. it may be really useful to get to know him.
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Such things happen. My brother had coolant leaking out of his swifts radiator on the first day.The radiator was changed within four days FOC. I think fiat would have done the same if it was a radiator problem, but since your's is a rare problem with a part less changed it may take time . But any thing over a week is bad.