1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Normal engine temps? [Palio Stile MJD]

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by ByDesign, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ByDesign

ByDesign

New Delhi
    Hi guys,

Wanted to discuss a quick query. My Stile 1.3 MJD has run about 3,000 kms today. As I was driving back from office, traffic was horrendous as usual, I noticed the temperature gauge just below the middle mark. As the engine was idling at a very long red light, it creeped to the half way mark. As I started moving, and gaining speed, the temperature needle fell to about quarter mark. But again in slow traffic it would rise to half mark and just slightly above half mark.

For Fiat 1.3 MJD engines, is this normal? The car is relatively new, and since it is winter here, I don't use the AC anymore, which means no secondary fan to cool the engine either. Inputs anyone? :anyone
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nope, its not normal. I never seen this in my Punto (same MJD). Its always stay near to halfway mark.
    Did it happen more than one time? If yes, check with service center.
  3. MULTIJET

MULTIJET Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Usually temp needle is on quarter mark except for a heavy traffic or steep it goes near to half mark in Palio stile MJD. No idea about Punto/Linea but its normal for Palio MJD. I have clogged 38000kms till date on Palio MJD.
  4. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    As pointed out by RAVI never seen such an instance on my punto as well. The guage always stays a little below the half way mark. Not sure if it is the same in Palio. If you are unsure please get it checked at the service center.
  5. ByDesign

ByDesign

New Delhi
    Strange, but the problem seems to have fixed itself. I think it might've been some dust in the air filter, or probably in the radiator grill.
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

My Grande Punto shows little bit upside of Centre Mark.
    It never crossed that position in Summer,rain & winter also.

But if gReyHound's GP shows little bit low from Centre,then I will have to do research on it. ::pP