1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Non-Fiat driving experience

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by cannonera, Jun 16, 2012.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Octane, if you feel its underpowered, change the air filters to BMC/green cotton full CAI n remap it.. Kirrus does remaping for petrol punto n linea 1.4 at a very reasonable rate. Since your linea is already out of warranty, there is no harm trying it out. chk it out here: http://www.facebook.com/KIIRUSAUTOSPORTS?fref=ts
    I never thought driving a petrol would be so much fun after driving the fiesta 1.6 mentioned in the above post. my perception was only the turbo kick in diesel is the fun part, but this is exhilarating !!
    1 person likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

I own a Tata Nano LX, and love it! Its a very good city car, with good space and adequate power. Some of the ergonomics (like power windows) are a bit messed up, but hardly matters. I am getting an average of 23 or so, and thats better than what an Alto or an Eon would ever give.
    4 people like this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    got a chance to drive my friends Rapid, though i drove it only for a short distance I felt that the lag was less than in my punto or may be I felt so as it is more powerful engine. I liked the pull in that car :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @OCTANE, very nice comparison on Polo and Linea.
    I think both Polo and Punto have same boot space of 280 lts.
    Figo has biggest in hatch, 284 lts.
    Double to triple? I was thinking VW service cost to be little more than Fiats.
    We always crib on small items charged on servicing on fiat cars.

Thanks again.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. bna

bna Novizio

Bangalore
    I have extensively driven Chevy Cruze(LT-2012). Below is my observation

1. Loads of turbo lag. You need to press the accelerator and wait.
    2. The car is pretty stable in straight line and can reach speeds on the upper side of 3 digit with ease.
    3. But the handling and braking is not on par with my linea. Linea excels while driving on ghat sections.
    1 person likes this.
  6. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks guys for the replies. @ varunrtr: I have plans to change the air filters of my Linea. Running is low too so I dont think they may cause any problem in the future. And she is covered under extended warranty. Remapping is a lil bit expensive I think. Nothing planned on the Polo though.
    @Ravi: Polos boot is significantly larger than the Punto. I have personally checked it. Although I dont own a Punto I have made 4 of my relatives and friends to go for Puntos so its easy for me to compare. This includes 1.2 active, 2 1.3 Emotions and a 1.4 Emotion pack too. All of them love their rides. One day they all made me mad- When Fiat announced they are snapping their ties with TATA my phone was ringing like hell. :D
    And service costs are a lot higher on the polo. My linea is a petrol so that might be the reason for lower service costs.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    as per the figures mentioned on their respective websites, bootspace is 280 liters for both. possibly because of the shape you might have got the feeling that its larger in polo but its certainly not!!
    2 people like this.
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    No guys I found that in the Punto the suspension actually eats up some amount of the boot. Distance of the seats from edge of the boot too is more in the Polo than the Punto. I too had thought like you guys until I checked out in real. I dont know what the figures speak, but this is what I found in reality. And Polo has less space inside than the punto. Also dash doesnt eat up as much as space as the punto does on inside. So all this space has to go somewhere right? Another fact: Polos dash is wider by 3 cms than the linea. When one of my friends said this i just checked out the width using a tape and found this.:-o
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thought am quite satisfied with over all space in Punto; this is one point I always ponder! I believe dash area of Punto is the largest in the segment! Infact it can put few sedans also to shame! Just a thought - Is it due to design? or is it a safety measure to ensure that front occupants are seated at a safer distance in case of head on collision? After driving Punto, in all other hatches I feel am seated right behind the windshield :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    again qoting the figures for width :
    punto: 1687
    polo: 1682
    linea :1730
    vento: 1699

along with your measurment of the dash, what the above figures essentially mean is that the doors are wider in punto and linea. reason to feel safer maybe :)
    3 people like this.