1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Non Fiat cars owned by Fiatians - Present and Past

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. murugusec

murugusec Timido

CHENNAI
    opel.jpg
    opel corsa 1.4 Gls - 2003 model (sold)
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    In the order of ownership - (Please note that I'm including the family by meaning ownership)

Premier President - 1983 to 1989
    Mahindra Jeep CJ640 - 1989 to 1997
    Maruti 800 (First edition) - 1997 to 2000
    Maruti Omni - 2000 to 2003
    Indica - 2003 to 2006
    Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo - 2007 to Till Date

Santro Xing XL - 2005 to 2012

All except the Santro were / are owned by others in the family.

Omni was the first new car purchased. All the earlier ones were bought second-hand.
  3. The first car in our family was the Maruthi Suzuki Zen LX-1999. However TATA Sumo was our first car but it was owned by both my dad and my uncle. So it doesnt comes here. But my uncle now upgraded it to sumo Victa including interiors.(except engine block). Modifications in Zen were, 1) Pioneer cassette player with 4 speakers, 2 tweeters and 2 woofers.:D 2) 4 horns including two Air horns.(not a big mod though)
    The second car to enter our home is the TATA Indica DLS-2004- changed to 14" steel wheels, Pioneer CD player with JBL Speakers and two sony woofers.(woofer took from cassette player at home:D)
    Third car was Mahindra Scorpio-2007 Not even a single modification was done.
    Fourth was the Toyota Innova-2009- Hiker Extreme Bull guard, BOSE 16 speaker system were done in it.
    And finally MY Dream FIAT Linea M-jet(2012-july 2nd).. no modifications done so far.
    And bought a new innova too with no modifications.

I had started learning to drive when I was in 2nd standard.(sitting in dad's lap and control steering alone). When I was in 6th, My dad met with a major accident while coming from tirupathi in an SETC bus(Remember the oldest ones in blue color with dented body??) due to barke failure. After that, I couldnt sit in dad's lap after that because his left leg knee was crushed and was plated, and so I started driving on my own with the help of pillows.(only in the presence of my dad) After 2007, my parents had a belief on me and gave me full freedom.
    According to me, zen was a fun-to-drive vehicle those days. Indica was neither good nor bad. Scorpio had been a strong performer but useless at high speeds. Innova is the best for its comfort, but the engine feels thirsty after 120kmph. FIAT Linea is a great car to drive, feels safe at high speeds(my parents will be thinking that the car is going at 80, but the speedometer will be showing 120:-D) Even a ferrari owner will look at this beauty on roads. I am very much proud, excited, and happy to own(not me, my family.!!) this vehicle and this has now become a lucky charm and a pet for my parents. The only thing I hate in this car is the First gear acceleration. No other hates to this car.
    NOTE[I am going to write the above theory in my upcoming "Automotive chassis" and "Theory of Automotive Engines" exam at least for one question:mrgreen::lol::V ]
    JK
    3 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ Aravindh - At your age, I didn't know much about cars at all. Your enthusiasm from the very begining is something rare. I am sure that many in Salem would not even know that there is a car called Fiat Linea. But, when you have got this at Salem, it reflects the kind of analysis you made before buying the car. Keep going.

BTW, what is your subject of study in the Engineering? Automobile? :D
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. You are absolutely right!!!! B.tech Automobile Engineering, third year in SRM University, chennai.:)
    Half of the people in salem doesnt know about cars, but in the other half, I can see 4 Audi R8s, and last week saw an Range Rover Evoke. FIAT should regain its position.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice to another budding automobile engg here in the forum :) third one if i m right !! :)
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    My grandad bought a sky blue first generation Maruti 800 in 1985. His was the first Maruti in town, which guaranteed him star treatment It was the car in which my dad learned driving. Grandad maintained it very lovingly, and told me many tales about his long drives. He even gifted me its owner's manual! It is now parked at his Chandigarh home. Has done ~1,69,000 kms.

My dad's first car was a second hand second generation Maruti 800. Don't know much about it, was too young to know about cars when it was sold.

Then my dad got a brand new Maruti 800 in 1998 from Nagaland. He was posted in Assam back then, and he travelled all the way to Nagaland because the car was readily available there. I remember biting off its seat covers. It was subjected to a lot of abuse by me :D Sold it in 2003 to make way for the Palio.

We got the Palio from Chandigarh in February 2003. I was only 6 years old back then. I remember looking at the power window switch and wondering what it is for. Loved its solid three-stage closing doors. It is still with us and has done ~68,00 kms. It has a special place in my heart, as a lot of memories are attached with it. Tried driving it once, it wasn't a very "smooth" experience.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/i-am-off-...initial-driving-experiences-2.html#post103625

Then in April 2011, we got the Linea T-Jet, again from Chandigarh. I was involved in the buying process right from the start. Accompanied my dad for test drive of various cars. Was floored by the Jet's amazing performance. It has done ~10,000 kms.
  8. May I know who are the other two members..??
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Count me in too! I too want to become an automobile engineer!
  10. What do you do now...??