1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Non Fiat cars owned by Fiatians - Present and Past

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I was wondering what would be other branded cars that are owned and driven by the Fiatians. I would like to hear from you guys on the following.

- Non Fiat cars that you own now or in the past.
    - Describe about the mods you did on that car if any.
    - What you like with your non Fiat car over your current Fiat.
    - Finally, are you happy with your current Fiat or the other car?

Please don't talk about anything that you are planning to buy one in future.

From me
    - The only non Fiat car I owned was Hyundai Getz 1.3 GLE. I owned this from 2006-2010
    - I upgraded the wheels to 14" alloys with tubeless tyres (Bridgestone Turanza). This was done by the dealer itself and was delivered to me with the requested mods. Regarding ICE, I used Alpine HU with JBL components at front and JBL co-axials at the rear.
    - I loved the space in this car. And in my 4 years of ownership, I hardly scraped its bottom. I still feel the ICE setup in Getz was much better than the current ICE upgrade in my car. - I am happy with my current Fiat :D. Hyundai is no where near to a Fiat.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. carwatcher

I currently own the following non-Fiat cars:
    1. Maruti 800
    2. Maruti Omni
    3. Maruti Zen
    4. Ford Fusion+ (Petrol)
    5. Mahindra XUV5OO

I have owned the following non-Fiat cars in the past:
    1. Hyundai Santro Xing
    2. Ford Fusion (Petrol)

None of the car come any close to T-Jet+ I own currently. But at the same time Ford Fusion+ is also awesome in my opinion.
    1 person likes this.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In past i had Hyundai Accent 45k run (used) engine was 1.6 dohc(ABS) and i loved that initial kick of the engine.Used it for a year and relocated to Delhi and bought my dream FIAT car Punto My Black Ogre.

Accent silencer had a hole in it and drove my accent without changing the silencer till the day it was sold.what a sound ohh gooshh..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

My previous car was a Swift Vxi (2006-2010).
    - Mods done was change the stock 165 spec tires to 185 spec Yokohoma A Drives. Added a K& N air filter and a Blaupunkt HU along with Blaupunkt Co axials.
    - What I think was better in my previous car was the ground clearance, I never used to cringe and wait for impact once I go over those monstrous speed breakers. The stock music system in the punto is also another pain point.
    Fiat took care of the ground clearance problem in the new cars and I took care of the ICE problem :)
    - I am couldn’t have asked for anything better than the car I have now. Completely happy.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Our family Ownership revolved around Fiat with just two spy entrants:

2 Fiat 1100 Padmini - Grew up with them, learned the basics of Automobile from them, started driving.
    Then came the spies from the enemy camp aka - M800 and Omni van. Both were treated to radial tyres and few accerories like wheel caps etc.
    Then came the Palio, the Linea, the Punto. Sigh.. they rule us ;) Palio tuned 10!!! and still good as new.
    4 people like this.
  6. Non-Fiat cars that I have owned::1)HM Ambassador MarkIIThe car was rebuilt once,and painted twice.Phillips cassete player with fm was put,one small revolving fan,horn,and one major mod was the hand gear was changed to conventional lattu gear..and usual tyre change and stuffs.2)Maruti Esteem VxiNo Modding done on the car except sunfilm,horn,lights upgrade,and dust covers3)Hyundai Santro XingHID Kit,sony xplod music system,Sony xplod 4ch-amp,custom made sub woofer(6 speakers I guess),tyres were upgraded to Michelin XM1 once it completed 50k kms,and the old silver steel rims were changed with black steel rims from hyundai.4)Marui Swift Vdi(ABS) Leather seat covers,leather steering cover,sunfilm,2din pioneer MP3 with rear USB,jbl amp,and 4 speakers from jbl infinity(i guess),bosch aero twin wipers,HID(Phillips),Horns upgraded to Bosch(windtone or something),Alloys,the first set of tyres were bridgestone potenza,and the second set is from Michelin XM1 ,side turn indicator on side orvms, 13052012287.jpg DSC05227.jpg IMG_0452.jpg These are some of the pics I could find...Old amby and esteem pics maybe photocopied so will need to search them..

2 people like this.
  7. I currently own a low floor ZEN LXI,it is 2003 make.
  8. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

I currently own tata Indigo LS (Sep 2006).
    ** Maintenance charges of around rs. 100,000 in last one year excluding batteries and new tyres. The only thing i like in this car is space.

I previously owned Hyundai Getz prime 1.3 GLS. for short period (May -Dec'11)
    >> Good power and space
    >> Neat interiors (not stylish though)
    >> Good ground clearance
    >> Pathetic mileage below 10 in city (Getz 1.3 was not known for mileage but still 9 was too low for me).
  9. The Only Non Fiat car I own is Hyundai Santro.

Mods : 100 / 90 Headlamps with relay. Nothing other than that.
    Dislikes : Dislikes started only after driving the Fiat.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

I used to have a Hyundai Santro Xing and Maruti 800. At present I have a Chevrolet Spark.

2 people like this.