1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nokia N 70 Music Edition, How to retrieve lost data.

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by pammuluvcars, Feb 7, 2011.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    halo readers,

I updated my N70 device software yesterday. I downloaded the new version from Nokia website and updated the software. Update ran successfully, however all my phone contacts, sms have disappeared. All photos and music files are there in the memory card, but not showing up in the list.

:( I am lost. I have lost all numbers. Is there any software/method to retrieved the lost contacts? I havent taken a back up :(

Please help me guys please......
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try with some Nokia customer care shops.
    At-least memory card data should be retrieved.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @pammuluvcars
    If you didn't have a backup made through Nokia PC suite there is no way data could be recovered. See if you have any contacts in SIM Card memory
    While updating software you would have got a warning like all data on phone will be lost etc etc, Sony warns you before updating if Nokia doesn't it's foolish of Nokia.
    For memory card files not showing on list only some Nokia expert can help, I haven't used Nokia phones much.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Did you ever synchronize your contacts or made PC suite synchronize your contacts with 'Windows Contacts'. Check Windows contacts, if the contacts are present there, they can be put back on the phone !!!
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I am lost in the Amazon. I never backed up phone data till date. Yes the message that flashed warned me of possible data loss. I believed it is just another fooling message. My fault. I contacted nokia care, there is no way to retrieve data, they said. I am lost in the amazon with no GPS device or a map. :( I dont remember any number. Not even my best friend who calls me almost every day. What a shame :A
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Get an itemised billing. At least you would get some frequesntly called numbers back.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You would have to save all the contacts again, time consuming work and very very difficult.
    In future use google sync to automatically sync your contacts every week if you have GPRS/EDGE/3G activated on your connection.
    http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/