1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Noise while Shifing gears and RPM reaches2000

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Breeze, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Breeze

Breeze Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am facing new issue in my Avventura mjd (12K run). When I shift gears and rpm increase from 1500 to 2000 there is flickering kind of noise is coming. As soon as the gear is shifted or needle cross 2000 rpm the noise disappear. I am taking the car to FASS but just want to know has anyone faced this issue and what should I be checking? The noise is exactly same as in the below video from 1.26 to 1.28. though it is not this loud

2. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any unusual noises coming from your vehicle’s clutch or transmission should be addressed immediately by a mechanic. Paying attention to warning lights and unusual noises can help limit potential damage to your vehicle and may save you money when repairing your vehicle. Letting your mechanic know about any noises or sensations you may have observed could help him or her better identify the problem and begin the necessary repairs.

Breeze likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello @Breeze. The kind of noise what you are talking about seems to be from transmission cable. I too had some sort of noise it was rather a rattling type. The SA inspected & said the cable needs to be changed. Under warranty they changed it & the issue resolved thereby. It all happened almost some 15k kms before (mine has clocked 24650 kms now). Now its all fine. I guess the issue at your end could be of same.

Breeze and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  4. Breeze

Breeze Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs - Thanks for you reply :). I will check with SA.

kishorekrs likes this.
  5. Breeze

Breeze Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    FASS (KHT Bangalore) said that gear cable needs to be replaced. It's been 10 days since they have placed the order. Hopefully it will be changed this week. Will post once the gear cable is replaced.

6. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I'm surprised that they don't have a stock of it. At Vecto motors they change it then and there itself. Nevertheless, it will be worth the wait as it will disappear the niggles post cable replacement and it makes the shifting even more buttery smooth.

Breeze likes this.