1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Noise Only Bumpy Roads in a Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Drbharat83, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Drbharat83

Drbharat83 Timido

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I bought 90hp punto 3months back, everything was going fine n recently got first service done after 5k km, couple of days after that, I hear a clinking noise from left rear end of car only while driving on bumpy roads n ditches, on normal roads there s no noise at all, no noise even on sudden braking, wonder what's the reason, sometimes feels like loose door or a loose passenger seat. Anyone facing same problem? Pls suggest
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did you check rear seat belt buckle holders? If they are hanging behind seats they make clinking noise
  3. Drbharat83

Drbharat83 Timido

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I did, they are fine
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Even I do have a similar noise in my Punto and at the same location. The local FASS had done a lot if R&D to eliminate the noise but could not. They wanted more time to diagnose but I felt it was of no use. Presently living with the noise.:(:(:(
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    @Drbharat83 I too have same issue in my evo. FASS are not able to rectify the issue. Upon that they are so smart that they bluff by telling its common in Puntos :-D
  6. vishal10

vishal10 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    I had a similar problem in my Punto 75. Had a clinking noise (similar to what 2 small metal rods would make when kept in a box).
    Took it to the service center, they acknowledged the problem, kept the car for 2 days and at the end of it gave up.
    The service manager said we checked everything (suspension, bolts & bearings and even for stuck stones somewhere) but could not find any problem. He went to the extent of saying that drive for 100-200 kms, the noise might go away. Seriously ?
    Fed up, I came back and drove for a few days (60-70 kms) and guess what ?! Indeed, the noise went away on its own.
    Till date, haven't figured out what & why was the noise there.
    kishorekrs and Deepak like this.