1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Noise from Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Anirban Banerjee, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hi Friends, I have a Punto 2012 1.3 Dynamic. I was advised to drive at speed <100 KPH for the first 1000 Kms by the sales manager and I did so. At 1050 Kms , i took my car on an uphill drive. Also tested the speed and on Highway, the max speed was 130 KPH. Since then, I have noticed a lag in pick up and the engine is making noise. When I turn the ignition off, the engine makes a lot of vibration. Is this something normal? Please suggest..
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    For 1st 1000 kms..it was difficult for me to take my 2012 Punto to 120kmph..

But around 2.5K...things suddenly changed....

130 is default & 150 is easy..done till 165...

Yes..I heard high noise till 1.5K when I tried till 130...but now its gone....

The sound you are referring to is may be because of AC & ignition...

When AC is OFF sound is lower..

I don't think u have to worry...put in few more hundreds of mileage...
  3. @puntostat: thanks for the reply. i am a bit worried as this has started happening couple of days ago.. before that my punto was super silent.. but now it has a lot of cabin noise.. also i have noticed a faint whistling sound coming from steering when i take a complete right..i called up Joshi autozone in chandigarh regarding the same and was treated very rudely.. the service manager did not even listen to my issues and asked me to book a slot for ASS ... i will be taking my punto there on saturday and see what happens...i am disappointed with this purchase... first it was alignment issue on a new car which took them 4 hours to fix and now this...
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The noise from the steering is not a problem. It is there in my punto also. Some places the service may better and some other places it may worst, irrespective of any brand. Just enjoy the car. Just observe the problem for more days and see whether it is worsening. Update in forum if any change is there. Even if later some major problem come they will fix it under warranty. Fiat is much much reliable in handling warranty related issues than even Maruti. :)
  5. Thanks guys.. will go the ASS on saturday and will post an update about the problem..:)
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Remember to turn off your Ac and lights and then idle your car for atleast 1 min before switching it off. Also wait for 10,000km your car will definitely become more smoother.
  7. mayank

mayank Amatore

@Anirban:- I wud like to advise you to seek help from banarsi dass autos. Panchkula, if joshi auto zone guyz are being rude and irresponsible regarding your complaint..just take your car inside their workshop and contact their service manager Mr. bansal..i hope they will listen to your concerns..i got my purchase from there and so far my experience regarding their service is satisfactory!
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @Anirban Banerjee
    Does the steering make noise when you turn it to extreme left or right? It's normal for Hydraulic Power Steering's. Engine noise would go down as you run your car more.
    Regarding Joshi Autozone rude behavior, I think you talked with Hansraj. Just ignore him if you can all other staff of Joshi is very good and polite. Have a talk with Mohinder or Ravinder they would make sure that you are fully satisfied with your car. Only thing I don't like in Joshi is waiting period quoted for service sometimes even more than a week.

@mayank People employed by Banarsi Dass Panchkula have Zero Technical Knowledge, you ask a technical question and see their faces. I had a leak in brake booster and they didn't acknowledged it(they wanted the pedal to go completely hard for it to be changed under warranty) went to Joshi and they happily acknowledged it placed the order for it and called me once the part was available. Even quality of service is average there and don't even dare to get alignment done from there it. Even washing quality isn't satisfactory there, Joshi even take the alloys out of car and wash them inside out and even clean Seats and glasses which Banarsi people don't even touch and ask for extra money for cleaning them.
    My last 3 services 30k,45k and 60k have been with Banarasi and I know how they work. Even got GC kit installed by them and guess what they had installed new Elastic pads and said upgrade done and I was like I am gonna kill you. Thankfully I checked shockers before delivery of car that day and left it there for change of them even next day had to wait till 5 PM when the promised delivery time was 1 PM. They flatly refused of having Boot of axle as separate part even when I gave them Fiat official part no and wanted me to change complete axle costing 4.5k for a part which costs just 300/-. More to it If I would not have been present while they were filling engine oil in 45k service they would have overfilled by 300ml. Didn't changed Auxiliary drive belt which have to be changed in 60k service even after I persisted for it to be changed. In 30k and 45k service I had to beg for the Service reminder to be reset, the mechanics there don't know how to do it and after I persisted they called someone and followed steps given by him to reset service reminder, even that senior person which was on holiday stated wrong steps he asked to select car as Grande Punto International while my car is Linea.
    In 60k service they did all work without any problem and me having to creep in to stop them to experiment with car. It still left a lot to be desired from them in keeping me informed, giving delivery on time and washing quality. They are pretty new and inexperienced on working on Fiats and it shows when they work on them.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    :eek:fftopic Vijay, For alignment does the 2012 models have different specification? Last time when I did the alignment out side they asked which is the model?
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yes alignment specs for 2012 cars and GC Kit installed cars is different from 09-011 cars.
    1 person likes this.