1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Noise and vibration when applying breaks at turnings.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by kvharesh, Oct 11, 2012.

1. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Team,

My GP 90HP is 2 weeks old now, am experiencing some vibration and noise on break peddle when I am slowly turning the car releasing the clutch with half released break. This is happening concessionaly. Am I doing making any mistake? :confused:

The sound i hear is like if we are not pushing the clutch fully and trying to shift the gear, we hear grrrrrr sound. The break peadel make such noise. This happens only when am slowly turning the car.

Does anyone has experienced this kind of issue? Let me know If can raise this at service centre? What should I do if I can't reproduce at service centre? Thank you!!
  2. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The sound comes from the brake.. I assume that you do this - in slow turning you might release the clutch by holding the brakes and then release the brake(correct me if I am wrong). As your clutch is already released and if the brake is released later you might hear this sound. This should not create any problem, but just be careful as doing this always will worn out your brake pads.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, effectively your clutch and braking systems are fighting against each other when you do the half brake thing.

In the interest of your car, kindly alter your driving style and do not do the half brake thing.

Cheers.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    That's just the ABS kicking in from what i understand. Don't worry about it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ABS Doesnt kick in at these slow speeds he mentioned !
    I also hear the sound when tight parking n such occations when tightly applied brakes are released slowly, Is this your prob as well?
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    AFAIK ABS Kicks in at speeds as low at 10 Kmph as well if the situation demands, there is no speed constraint. ABS happily kicks in when you try to take a steep left/right turn on a sandy road and brake while doing so.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No worries,that is ABS kicking in.
    Even i have experienced the same,and ABS seems to kick in at times when you dont expect it to.
    When ABS kicks in you feel the brake pedal pulsating,accompanied by slight grinding sound.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Give me some time. I am investigating the same and trying to replicate the occurance. I am facing the same problem in my linea, When i take you turns with the brake half pressed for slowing down there is nosie and pulsating vibrations. it doesnt happen on every turn.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Every time i try to make the ABS work i fail to do so,and at times when i dont expect it to kick in,it does.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    To try out ABS take your car on open ground and hit brakes hard in sand.