1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

no. of tuners/remaping centers in india

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by vtlreja2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    With intention to help the fellow tfian friends, i am posting this threads,
    suggestions and pointers are welcome,:happy:

well i has been always eyeing on the tuners/remappers almost from long, and will try to continue to do so, here goes the list along with my RnD on them :-

1) Wolf moto ; no need to intro here, many satisfied consumer they have, rajiv is throughly gentlemen, good guys with good work, Tunes the file himself (recoding)

2) TOT ; now these guys were almost as famous on tfi before the wolf came along with their switchable remaps which affected them imo , according to me sid is the one of the first guy who started the remaping bussiness in india, they also had tuned 5 series and the first set of vag cars were also tuned by them, highly capable, good knowledge, though they charge little bit higher,

3) kirus ; kirus guys are also in the bussiness since long time, they also remap bikes, but the thing is the get the file from the foreign tuner and upload it to the vehicle, for bikes they also
    have their dyno center, they are based in mumbai

4) petes ; again, no introduction required, i remember first tjet remapped was from petes stable, they were known back for their tuning boxes retailing at that time for around 50k, again they doesnt tuned the file at their location and get from the foreign country, iirc, they were the only one in india who started the coaching for the recoding, so if anyone wishes they can join them, but it was 3-4 days course and dont know they still offer or not, and it was to be done by foreign tuner, pricing too high imo, location somewhere in south,

5) ud motorx ; well this guy is based in delhi, not tuner offcourse, he gets the file from london,
    claims are high but i know that wont meets expectation

6) raq designs (somewhat like that) ; this guy, raunnaq, is also one of the genuine guy like rajiv, he tunes files himself, charges okish, also based in north india (forgot where he mention, noida or delhi)

7) veizu ; now this is one of the MOST debatable remapper in india, ( i am talking about banglore dealer, gaurav) according to him, viezu is popular in europe, gaurav is the first their dealer in india of viezu, now what he does is he charges less than other tuners which attract the customers, but little bit less knowledge on remap always makes him doubt about his service. Viezu now has the dealer in kanpur and thane, mumbai makes total 3 dealership in india. though cost varies between them.

8) RRP ; as per heard news, they tunes the rally cars for renault, dont know whether they tunes car here or not, didnt interected with them, though they have their dyno center. they are based in south.

9) TDI racing ; i had interected with them, they are also based in south, though i dont know how much they charge and whether they tune themself or not.

10) Racedynamics ; heard recently they started the dyno service in south, iirc, they have their tuning boxes,

11) code6 ; now these guys are too much ambitious, with lots of positive energy, they also installed MBC on whitepunto76's car, they have complete modification center, sajan, owner tunes files himself, also i heard something very positive and little bit negative too, they are based in south,

12) ks motorsport ; now karan shah, the owner, they the the dealership of rev tec tuning, who is specialize in only tuning the vag cars, none other car has been tuned there, he has the dyno center too, also the do modify the rally cars. they are based in mumbai, fort.

13) mjp motors ; now this guy is an automobile engineer, they do modify the cars and remaps too, but he also gets the file from foreign tuner, he charges ridiculously high, he is based in my hometown, rajkot.

14) minhag tuning ; forget where they belong, but i guess they were in south only, dont have in depth details regarding them.

Kindly share your views and add if i forgot any other tuner

Note :- my only intention of this thread is to help the fellow tfian's from my limited RnD which i did for my DIY remap work, (will post my complete thread on that soon:D)
    suggestions and corrections are welcomed,
    also i do not have any kind of relation with any tuner. i am just sharing my view.

Also note : its any day easy to remap fiatand nissan/renault than other cars, in terms of less risk involved and other stuff.:)

Also i still dont understand why people give preference to the tuners rather than remapers (basically who reads and write the file) in india, i mean the process is same for the recoder, and if u ask the tuner who is sitting in foreign country, that you live in country where temperature is high and fuel quality is bit low, then i am sure he could live up to your expectation.

Thanks and regards

vicky talreja
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Glad that you made a list
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Vicky that's a whole lot of information. I was under the belief that Wolf Moto is the only out there who is compatible with MJD engines. Can you also detail the price wise difference between these, it will give a good idea where to spend and how much.
    Pradeepms and vtlreja2 like this.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ha ha, result of free time I say

Cost wise I would say viezu is the cheapest hovering around 15k approx. Where as costly I would say Mjp motors who charges 60k for a remap.

Other tuners charges between 25-35k depending on different cars and segment ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2016 ---
    15) roger motors ; how can I forget them, these are also remapper who in turn brings the file from UK ,they charges 30-35k and based in rajkot only
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Great List. If you could update the information with say
    - Website URL
    - Indicative Pricing
    - Distinguishing factor (e.g. wolfmoto switchable maps)

I wish, there more competent remap(er) available in North
    Maxtor and vtlreja2 like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Vicky great deal of effort from your side. It will help people make a better informed decision and surprisingly long list you have which is a good resource of information for those who want to take the time to figure out the best deals in business.
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  7. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I have written location in post already, declared approx. Prices also.
    Regarding URL I would say enter the word in google n u will get data,
    Only switchable maps make wolf folks distinguish from others, more or less every other is similar to each other
    Only tunes varies and costumization makes them differ from each other.;)

Thanks Aseem :)
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Waah... Good one Vicky :up
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  9. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    16). T8 performance tuning ; new folks in the market, based in Bangalore, charging 28k per remap, though I am yet to dig more info on them . will update as soon as I receive.
    Maxtor likes this.
  10. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Great work with the list!

Since we're talking about remapping here through various sources I have a question for anyone who has done it from any of these sources.

Does remapping affect oil consumption? I got a remapping done some years ago but oil consumption seems to have increased lately. In fact(and my fault for not checking oil level regularly) I had an issue while on the road recently and had to tow the car to the service centre because of less oil.

Have done only about 50,000 km with a 2010 model(1.4 petrol Linea). Always serviced on time, and no other major issues so far.

I got the oil replenished but they had no possible explanation except pointing out again and again that the car has run only 50k in so many years. I don't see how that could be connected to oil consumption. I obviously could not talk about any possible connection with the remapping, hence asking here.