1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

NO HONKING DAY

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by J Ravi, Jun 11, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I Honk
    1. while overtaking, especially if it is a BMTC bus, which can come to extreme right any moment
    2. when I see an "idiot" crossing the road, fully immersed in his/her phone. He/she thinks he/she is walking in a park.
    3. when someone carelessly cuts to my lane.
    4. at sharp, blind curves (read ghat sections)
    Otherwise, I mostly don't honk. I have managed certain days with just 2-3 honks, all very short ones, not lasting more than couple of seconds.

I always suspected that dangerously driving two-wheelers have piles problem, seeing the way they cut criss-cross on the road, unnecesarily.
    3 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Mad people only HONK at signals. Bloody blind retarded people start hoking like maniacs though they know the vehicle in front cant move a bit. What a lousy people we have in this country.

Guess as some wise man said, we are highly educated but no common sense.
    4 people like this.
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Just ignore them. Pretend it's background noise, it will help to keep your cool :)

That said, sometimes I take revenge when on slow narrow lanes and the person behind either keeps honking or uses high beams... by letting them pass and then giving them their own medicine :D
    3 people like this.
  4. Re: Why do People Honk ?

Its very easy to point fingers at others buddy, even we the so called educated, smart people have honked in excess due to different circumstances..the change should start from us..maybe this will impact the other people for good in the long run..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I wish i could when ever i am on bike, but these bloody car folk gets fitted with high DB horns and they keep continuously honking. Some times its upto a level its almost bleeds in the ears. Most of the places where this happens, i turn around and see and man o man i see these bloody well dressed well looking male sitting. I then think he just is educated but equal as a slum guy with no common sense.

I have actually or can say literally stopped honking in my bike. Guess what, from past 6 months my bikes horn isnt working ::T. But i just cant stand by watching asles doing it.

Yes as Rajan said, when you want to notify to give a space after some time (A minute or so) when the vehicle ahead isnt moving then honk. You know its a signal, you know its a school bus, you know its an office bus or BMTC or just forget what type of vehicle, just wait for a minute and then ask for space. Nah, bloody people cant even wait for like 5 secs. Especially in bangalore, people are getting very impatience these days.

Guess their life style has become like that.

God only should save us all
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Why do People Honk ?

Yes. Change should start from us but at the moment the "Serial Honkers" are more in number and winning. Converting non-honkers to Honkers (cos this is India). Honk or Perish!
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Why do People Honk ?

The whole thing works like this - Oh, there are other vehicles on the road in front of me :what: -Honk:screwy: Simple.

Isn't it a big surprise for them to everyday get onto the roads and see Vehicles on Road. They are like - "What are the other vehicles doing on the road?" :confused: :banghead:
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I had couple of Incidents where people blamed me for not Honking!, I was overtaking a Toyota Liva on a Highway the Liva was driving on 140KMPH on a left lane, I did not honk, I was behind him for about 5-10KMS I wanted to overtake him and go home soon for some important work, I had no intention to go for a drag with him, I don't know what happened to that guy the moment I was on right lane almost next to him, he suddenly steered his car to right! mind you my car speed is 150KMPH and his may be around 140, Sensing this I braked hard, Thanks to Punto brakes!, A major collision averted, Imagine what would have happened to his car, If I had banged him from behind that too at that speed!, He was happy that he could occupy the right lane, Later I honked hard, Looks like he got pissed off he slowed down, After which I rolled my left front door glass, He rolled down his glass, I told him "Are you mad coming in my way! He said one word You could have honked and overtook, I did not say anything I just asked him to carry on", God save that chap!

Another Incident at my office basement! an Idiot was taking a reverse direction at a blind Curve after dropping the employee at the lift entrance, Since he did not get parking he took the reverse direction to occupy a parking slot, I went to office with my bike, I was at around 10-15KMPH suddenly I saw that car his speed was round 30KMPH, To avoid collision I braked hard and steered right almost banging the Blind Spot Pillar, After which I shouted at him, He said I should have honked (Seriously I should have honked for a car coming in wrong direction that too at a blind spot) Meanwhile the employee who owned the car also came down, She said "I am sorry for what he did" I did not speak with him I called the security head of my office, reported the incident to them
    3 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry, isnt it a driving rules that before you steer right or left, one should look in the mirror (ORVM or back mirrors) for incoming vehicles? Guess he wasn't a good driver.
  10. Re: Why do People Honk ?

Good to know @zenwalker that you have taken such a step..Honestly there are lot of factors which compel a motorist to honk even if not required, but if the law takes a step to curb this nuisance then we have to respect it(compelled by the fear of getting fined)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2