1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

NO HONKING DAY

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by J Ravi, Jun 11, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    They are willing to be blind and crash, in order to protect their ORVMs :evilsmile

Rajan
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

The above is exactly how a Honk looks and sounds like.:mrgreen: Difficult to understand , so i let it pass ! Or just Speed Away :redcar
    1 person likes this.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is very simple. You honk when it required. Just don't squeeze with your own imagination that you will do it easily and you will never hurt. It is not bad if you do when the situation arise; it is bad just to check your horn is working fine every two minutes. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The other day, I hear a honk from the left. In the mirror I see an oceanic blue Linea in the left ORVM. I slowed down thinking he can overtake, and I had reasons to go slow too. I go slow for a few seconds, the fellow doesn't pass. Seeing him disinterested, I sped and vanish into his horizon.
    Now why did he honk? To tell me that brother, I too drive a FIAT? I doubt, he was not even looking at either sides. May be his is a newer car and wanted to ensure that none makes scratches or dents, and just wanted alert others: "folks, I am coming, please give me way"!
    2 people like this.
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be "Folks, I am coming; just look at me". Hahaha. Show off time... :cool:
    3 people like this.
  6. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Its not only the case with Maruti, My colleague recently bough Hyundai EON, He said he paid for left door mirror as that was considered as accessory, I curiously asked did you also pay for headlights in a lighter vein!, I was unhappy with fiat that they did not provide a spare tyre with full sized alloy, After seeing this, I felt FIAT is the best brand to own in this country
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few believe in theory that if one uses both exterior OVRMS, he is a "L" board driver :confused :evil:
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    MY father does such sort of thing, I have never seen a better driver than him, He has been driving our good old bajaj chetak for last 25Years, Till date not even one accident, He never crosses 40KMPH no matter its a highway or city roads, The funny thing is everyday he drives on the busiest of roads in town, The usual problem is people don't give way even if you honk 100 times, virtually the road itself becomes a market place, my father has learnt a nice trick over the years, He honks for couple or more times, if still people won't give way he shouts loudly that creates a panic with people(he creates a sound like people should think something seriously wrong has happened, It creates a feeling like running away from that sound) everyone near him just runs for their life, automatically the road becomes free after this if some one comes and ask him why he did like that he says you should have given way when I honked!, I am not joking I have grown seeing this.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Those are ridiculous cost cutting by manufacturers. These days, mud flap is an accessory, for example. For low-end versions of Hyundai cars, you have to pay additional for body colored bumper. FIAT asks you to pay for body colored door handles in low-end versions. These are means they use to reduce manufacturig cost. These seem to be fine as dont impact safety much. But not providing side RVMs on the grounds of cost cutting is ridiculous.
    2 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The day is not far before we see tech. specs. like this:

Front brakes - Disc
    Rear brakes - Optional

Rajan
    3 people like this.