1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

No cranking of engine..does not start

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by JJPunter, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    What you said is normal. I strongly doubt there is some electrical short somewhere. Just take it to the TASS and ask them to check. Ask them to re-fix all the fuses & cables. Tell them about the beeps you got on your MID also. The slot you are talking about is the cigar lighter slot right. It wont create any problem.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The Beep is usually follwed by a text message/warning on the MID. The message is displayed only for a couple of seconds or so. So next time you hear the beep, have a quick look at the MID. You might get some cue there.
  3. JJPunter

JJPunter

Chennai
    Yeah ill do that on the weekend...just hope they do a good job and...Yes, its the cigar slot im talking about.

Thanks Cinju :p

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Sure..Ill will do that..do you know what kind of message would be displayed..like is it some warning message or something??
    Thanks a lot..
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    As the name indicates, it is multi information display system, and displays a whole lot of information.
    For example, recently when I was on a long trip, I got a scary beep followed by MID message which said "insufficient brake fluid, do not proceed." The message flashes couple of times and disappears. The message appears again only when the next beep comes.
    Another example is the beep followed by the "Speed Limit Exceeded" message that appears if you cross the max speed you have set on the MID.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. JJPunter

JJPunter

Chennai
    Today morning while driving for almost half an hour I heard the beeps again. I immediatly looked at the MID but there were no messages. Weird....!!. Got to get it checked at TASS.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011