1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

NITROGEN - Tyre pressure for Linea Tjet - 195 tyres with alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by tjet, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I am using Nitrogen for the last 2 months with 36/33 and it feels just perfect. Try it !!!!!
  2. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I tried it. With 34/32 it bumps badly, If I fill 36/33, It will be Flying Tjet ;-)

I reckon its better to use Normal air!

Fly Tjet :)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Always !! My experiences with Nitrogen are extensively documented on the forum. There is no visible advantage except of perceived lesser frequency of air-filling. Am not sure that even that is an advantage as in 1 month I found the nitrogen pressure reduced considerably. On the other hand the disadvantage is you'll need to keep lower pressure than normal air & that lowers the GC.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This point was discussed in an earlier thread.

After some web-research, it emerged that irrespective of whether you are using air or nitrogen, the "recommended" tyre pressures must be maintained. The second point is that nitrogen does not offer any significant advantages over air.

The links to two of my threads on the subject are enclosed:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?94-Tyre-pressure&p=509&viewfull=1#post509

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?94-Tyre-pressure&p=916&viewfull=1#post916

Regards
    Johnny
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'll give my 2 cents.

Tire quality and condition is a much bigger factor in determining the frequency of air fill ups in your tire,

The new Aceleres on the Linea are holding pressure for 20+ days easy, and i've seen almost worn out NCT5's(poor tyres, beware) tending to deflate themselves rather quicky(no puncture or valve leak).

So, nitrogen filling seems to be the tire guys' take at creating something like the gimmick of ''Teflon'' coating. :)

Gurjinder.

6. My experience is very different from yours. I filled Nitrogen in Dec 2010. Checked it again after 3 month, followed up again every 3 months. There is no reduction in Tyre pressure. I also got the pressure checked at the same place.
  7. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Mod,

The first thing i do tomorrow is to get rid of Nitrogen and fill air! Thanks for your advice!
    Its waste of money!

Fly Tjet :)
  8. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India