1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nissan unveils Datsun 'Go' hatchback, to be priced below Rs 4 lakh

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by naveen2cool, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Seems like we are going back to old AMby ages... ha ha.. the person sitting in the center(even a kid) would have his butt poked by the seatbelt locks.. these car designers are going real nuts these days..
    1 person likes this.
  2. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    If its the A segment hatchback territory that Nissan is targeting with the Datsun Go,
    then I cant help but say, its a great contender!

Going by Micra Active's pricing which starts at 3.5L ex-showroom, the GO should have at least a couple of variants below that mark.
    That would make it extreme value for money.
    To start with, its got a 1.2L engine against the 800cc in the Alto and Eon.

And space! this car is built on the Micra platform, has the same wheelbase as the Micra,
    hence space is for sure better than the others in this segment. The boot is decent sized as well.
    The advantage of the Micra platform also gives it better road presence than its competitors.

What more could someone ask for in the segment it is targeted for?
    To me, this car is a winner in Nissan's hands.
    7 people like this.
  3. Going by the target segment and customers this VFM packege, Top end of Eon/Alto800 costs 4.5 lakhs in bangalore.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

When Renault-Nissan together formed a strategy before launching their products in India, it was always kind of interesting how do they approach it in the name of 2 brands which has nothing in common, Much like VW/Skoda. Renault should be credited for a couple of really good efforts that has further improved the Indian C-segment quality at a competitive price, i personally like FLUENCE/SCALA which has continued to raise the quality of B+/C segment, sense of sophistication and unmistakably European at a small premium. Another one is "Duster" obviously (though i personally struggle to find a liking for it), still not a bad addition at all and truly raised the bar for compact SUVs. That would indirectly affect the Cars of the same segment too. Many Indians looking for a B/C-segment Sedan/hatchback ends up buying compact SUVs these days.

When Renault-Nissan is one (they are one single brand behind the curtains, make no mistake), i wonder what Nissan is up-to?:confused: Is Nissan evolving to be another addition in row of Japanese/Korean Manufacturers who sell a lot but lack quality of serious product in A/B segment? It doesn't matter if "Go" turns out to be an absolute LOOT as compared to an Alto/EON, every such car would only degrade auto-sector even further. I think It is pretty apparent now that what Nissan is up-to. Renault-Nissan management are preparing Nissan to take on their Japanese/Korean cousins like Maruti/Hyundai/Toyota with cars that has shiny dashboards but awful every where-else, playing on Avg. Indian Psychology who loves to buy Machine min. Man Max. feeble skinny Japanese stuff without giving it a 2nd thought.

For Renault, it's a different story though. They intend to offer quality sincerely at a reasonable price. I personally hail it's comeback!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now i can spot a Fluence in evry 100 cars,it is slowlly catching everyone's eye.Atleast i love this car. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Fluence

fluence.jpg
    3 people like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You won't spot many. Remember, a perfect place to ruin great cars!
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we know that Renault and Nissan have cosmetic twins for most of their variants like sunny/scala, micra/pulse, duster/terrano (coming soon).
    what would be GO's twin called? COME?:-D
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. How about
    Go-->GONE
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    Sounds good for FIAT.Atleast Renault and NIssan are having new thinkings forget about ride quality and all.

5 years with Linea and Punto in India ... :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups Fluence is eye catching ...if it could be at price catching point ...things would have been different ... :D