1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nissan Sunny Comparison, Linea ignored !!!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by lilmonk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Fiat must must must shed some $$$ to these useless journs to get its product compared with the others atleast for the sake of making a change of its image in the people's mind. My friend today morning told me
    He : "Why da you went for Fiat when we have many modern cars in the market ?
    I : what are they ?
    He : "Shift, i20, i10".
    I : what is so modern in them?
    He : "Power steering, power windows, AC, ABS etc"
    I : come we will go have a look at my car and showed him all the features. He could'nt believe them.
    he : Machi did you get all this done or Fiat gave you all this ?
    I: Fiat gave me all these
    He : Super da. From when did fiat started making all these. I am still thinking Fiat is making cars like Padmini and ambassadors.

Come on Fiat you have been out of India for sometime. When you come back you should reintroduce yourself in a different way, more posh, more modern.People thinks Punto is a class below i10 and few maruthi cars just because it is from Fiat. Many thinks Fiat shut down its car production long back and has started making cars once again.

I wish a time comes when I say I own a Fiat people reacts "Wow ! A Fiat !" and not " A Fiat !? Why Fiat ?"
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    In terms of features, Punto is a class above rest of the hatchbacks sold in India. But unless FIAT shouts on roof tops, how are the buyers going to know that? Any new hatch (small or big) that is launched in India will compete with Punto, irrespective of the segment they are in. Why is it so? I hate to describe that!
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As the Thread is leading in different direction before the Mods close it, let me also share the funny experience i had in the Fiat Showroom at Fortune (nerul),
    In August I had been to Fortune(Nerul), with my friend in his vista, as he was having some problems of the clutch, they took the car inside for checkup, as we were having time left we went in the showroom to check with the new cars and the offers, There was Red Punto parked inside, we went straight to it, opened the doors and sat in the front seat and were looking at the interiors, One sales guy was just standing near my door peeping inside as if he was also watching the interiors, I asked him is it Diesel or Petrol, He answered just opened the bonnet sir and will tell you, we opened the bonnet and he said its Diesel and engine of vista, Infact Vista is having more room inside than this car, I was stunned and could not control my answer i said My dear, Vista, Dzire, SX4-diesel, Ritz - Diesel are getting the engines from FIAT and does suzuki make diesel engines???. Even the Manza is coming out from the Fiats - Plant, I own a Punto and my friend has a Vista, Should i tell more on Punto, He just smiled
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tony thanks for sharing this incident with us.

Still TATA sales guys are diverting potential FIAT customers. FIAT has inhouse competitor forget about its rivals in Indian Auto Market.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TATA - sales personel is so efficient that they enhanced my knowledge by introducing me to the fact that TATA saved fiat from bankruptcy buy buying out jaguar and landrover :lol
  6. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

If you know your mahabharatha, you will know that shalya was karna's charioteer and continuously discouraged him to make him weak during battle. TATA uses the same approach with potential Fiat customers !
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    +1 to you, Hope Fiat-india is reading the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. arpenkar

Am not at all surprised by the missing Linea in the comparison. In a real world, the comparison video must have been sponsored by the new entrant with a primary prupose of showing of how it is better than others in order to sell MORE. To sell more, you have to lure the potential buyers on the fence that are looking at buying the existing brands. Linea, going by the dismal sales has too few people to ween off from! Hence no threat there...

Though i do wonder if paying these auto-reviewing websites will work for Fiat at this point. The product is no longer fresh. It is already out there for all the see and feel. So a logical question would be: Why did the site run a video on this brand at this point? Did they make a new model? Did they change anything? when the answers to all these would be a "NO", then a review video would be seen as a marketing gimmick only.

I read in some other thread that they put up a tent in some IT company in Bengaluru...now thats money well-spent IMHO. The IT-BPO space has the most liquid money, likes to be trendy and could generate volumes. I would like FIAT to do more such initiatives in the IT companies @ Noida, Hinjewadi, Kolkata etc. Something as simple as an extra 25K discount if booked on the spot could work!
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Linea being ignored is a classic case of failure of Fiat marketing department. The marketing department is responsible for working closely with these journos. But this is not happening, maybe because the marketing department is from Tata

Also, some people were discussing that Autocar has not compared TJet+ with other cars. Request you folks to please check out the December 2010 edition of Autocar. Tjet was pitched against Fiesta S, City and the SX4. TJet was declared the winner and the best of all these cars
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes speedJet I read this article. Tjet Linea was the winner in that comparison. But as of now we have new Verna, New Fiesta, New Sunny, New Vento to compete with Tjet.

Though the engine is real masterpiece but LINEA Requires a facelift, new features, more space and last but not the least more engine options like 1.6/1.9MJD Engine, 1.6 ETorque Petrol Engine