1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nissan Sunny Comparison, Linea ignored !!!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by lilmonk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    No point blaming comparos for not including Linea. The top brass of Fiat themselves seem so disinterested, why blame journos.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Very true! FIAT should learn from ads like those of Hamam soap wherein a very abstract concept of cleanliness is equated with the concrete thing Hamam soap. The script had something like "Sachai kya hai? Sachai Hamam hai". For people to remember Punto when they hear hatchback, a lot of effort and media activity is required. Until FIAT registers the brand strongly in Indian mind, FIAT will remain what it has been with poor numbers.

O.T:Had an opportunity to get into a Toyota etios Liva today. If at all it sells in India, it will be because of the toyota badge, and the "low kerb weight = high mileage" thing that Maruti has been practising. I think Toyota marketing has done a good job to help the Etios & Liva sales. Lets ee that in the coming days!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

For an average Indian, Toyota is an aspiration brand - so, it will sell.

I agree with what @gautham have posted - FIAT should take a serious look at their marketing campaign.
  4. Agree with you Gautham,
    I still remember the mixers used to called Sumeet once upon a time, people did not know any other brand although there were many.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I read in news daily that Maruti has 1.07 lack books fro new swift.when we will see such numbers from FIAT?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1.07 is really shocking numbers for a cars sales. I think no other car will compete with Swift. MSIL maintained its (Swifts) image since last 5-6 years and these sales numbers are the success story of MSIL.

FIAT

Past few years due to spare parts issue, pathetic A.S.S. are culprits of FIATs bad image in India marked. FIAT re-entered in India with 2 superb stories & the story repeated once again with spare parts issue, pathetic A.S.S. How can a comman Indian will trust on FIAT. They got another chance to prove themselves but they failed to prove.

Whatever is the FIATs plan for next 2 year they should make it in one year. (Opening new Exclusive showroom, cafes. New and improved (read exclusive) A.S.S. for FIAT cars ONLY)
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    BTW check out the new Ads for Punto and Linea. "Starts at 3.89L" is the tagline of a tastefully done ad for FIAT India. I like it...
    FIAT is giving awesome discounts for all its vehicles looking at the festive season. I think this should push up the sales a bit.
  7. And 1.07 lakh booking for New Maruti Swift - when I had gone to Maruti showroom 2 months back the number of bookings was around 90000 for new Swift that too before the car was launched. One of my colleagues was one of them. He hadnt even seen the pre launch photo which was in the net nor the swift european model. As Vivekananda once said "People are blind fold to truth with strong beliefs" I think people love Maruti blindly.

My friend got the car VDI Swift for around 6 lakh 80 thousand and is not satisfied.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why your friend is not satisfied with Swift VDi
  9. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Lilmonk...There is no reason to despair!

Sunny is a sad piece of machinery but our Linea has scored where it matters...Topgear carried out a New Fiesta Vs Linea T-Jet comparo - more important as Fords also are known for good ride and dynamics. As per this - the Fiesta Classic (1.6 S) was the only car that could give the Linea a run (i agree - totally!), but with the New Fiesta traded a supple ride for better dynamics it has forever lost the battle.

My fav line "With the new Fiesta, the Linea is more lonely than ever before.."With no competition!

It depends on the mags wich compare - for TG it is always these fine nuances that matter than your regular Autocar - who are nothing but a bunch of hypocrats who keep comparing cars with no reference point (to uniquly identify an opinion) whasoever, so it really doesn't matter!

Hail TG.....Long live FIAT...!
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For AutoCar their mission is simple "The new car which is being compared against the existing models should always win the race".