1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nissan Sunny Comparison, Linea ignored !!!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by lilmonk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore
    I saw review of Nissan Sunny in few popular websites. They all have ignored Fiat Linea very conveniently.:shocked
    This is so unfortunate and bad for Fiat's growth in India, considering Linea is such an awesome car in the segment.
    Fiat does not seem to stand strongly behind their products and try to penetrate the Indian car scene.
    We can't simply blame these reviewers, Fiat should buckle up and show that they are here to compete and stay.:boxer
    Take on the competition in a big and Indian way Fiat. This is a request from all Fiat lovers in this country. We know the conditions here and I am sure most would agree that Fiat can easily thrash the competition with their superb machines, they just need to have some fire in the belly. 'Popular' is the jargon for success in India, so be popular Fiat.:dance:dancing:redcar:clapping:clap

What say fellow TFIans?:steering
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Linea is a level above that! :D
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Please Dont compare Linea with Sunny...

Both the cars are from different segment.
  4. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore
    I wonder why not? Then which league does linea belong my friend?
    sunny is seen as a competition to VW Vento, MZ SX4, Ford Fiesta,Honda City, Hyundai Verna etc.
    So why cant it be compared with Linea?
    Am I missing something !:confused:
  5. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Personally, I don't find anything special about the design. Looks roomy though. Has anyone gotten to TD one yet?
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thts because FIAT india is bad not only at sales and promotion but also at stuffing VITAMIN "M" into these ppl's A.S.S
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :lol

Agreed Phew.
  8. lilmonk

lilmonk Timido

Bagalore
    Ya Phew. But that's gonna kill the patient. high time for some vitamins :grin:
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Sunny seems a mutant to me :-D Lil bit of Djire and lil bit of Altis with a hint of manza from the front and Verna too_Overall a totally jacked up design by Nissan.Im really not surprised that Linea was ignored.All such stuff are paid comparison's,which FIAT doesnt not believe in.They want their sale's to be on the basis of word of mouth which is utterly not possible in India to an extent.

P.S : Indian people love ad's :-D

@Kdar

Sunny & Linea are in the same segment buddy 1.5 & 1.4 litre engines respectively.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  10. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I beg to differ.The advertisement is a way of generating brand recall . These are mass market consumer products and not special luxury cars targeted towards a niche market . Its not , we Indians who love ads , its basic human psychology , and hence the existence of Ads . UNless we see something over and over and over I dont think we're gonna have any brand recall .

Take the classic example of Dalda . Not many of my friends knew that the actual product being sold is vanaspati and not Dalda . Dalda was just a brand name . But the repeated ads is what led us to call it Dalda . For that instance take the example of surf or rin . In rural india when people go to buy washing powder or a soap cake for clothes they ask the shopkeeper for surf or rin . because thats what has been fed into their brains . SO if today I go and offer them a downy liquid soap for clothes or a henko soap they hesitate in buying that because when it comes to soap all they know of is surf and rin .

These are classic management lessons that FIAT needs to recall . The minute someone says hatchback , the first thing that should come to someones mind is a PUNTO . If they do that successfully then their ADs would be successful .

The ASS on the other hand strives all on word of mouth . No amount of advertisement or reviews in magazines is going to change that unless you bring in real change .

The product line needs to be expanded .

Most of these reviews ignore LInea , not because they dont find it technically at par with these other cars . But because LIne, although being the best , in true sense , among all these, generates the lowest sales . And it really doesnt make sense for an average indian to even evaluate it (IMHO).

These reviews and advertisements can only influence ones decision and not force someone to buy a car . An individual still has the independence to go and take a test drive of a Linea and buy it if he or she pleases .