1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Night drive: Give your comments, experiences, tips etc

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, May 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @punto_emotion
    Then better to skip that thought, may be i have to do polishing of the windshield,during night drives i'm finding very much difficult,the light is getting spread and disturbing the view.

Co-passenger:- Missing my dad :(
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For last three days i have done continous night drives(1500 Kms),so listed few points from my experience.

1. Rainy season is always a nightmare during night drives,especially when you are on long drives, please ensure that the wiper tank is full with water.Use as much as water spray to keep the windshield clean and neat.
    2. if you find clogging of water on highway slow down as much possible you can,doesnt matter if you have the best of the tires on your ride.Please hold the steering tightly,if driven on the water clogging area(at high speeds) you will feel the non responsive from steering wheel.
    3.Dont follow heavy vehicles during rainy season,especially after the rain has stopped.
    4.if you are on 4 lane highway ,keep an eye on the other side of the lane, there are chances of rain water on the road splashing on your windshiled(gives a sudden blindness, i have experienced it) due to the other passing by vehicles.
    5.Mist formation on windshield comes with immediate effect,switch on AC to negate it.
    6.Use High beams wherever necessary.
    Deepak likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Adding to the #5 by @Ganges :
    There are 2 types of fogging:
    1. Fogging up from the outside
    2. Fogging on the inside of Windshield.

Fogging occurs due to the difference in the temperatures outside and inside the car. With the air-conditioner on full blast the temperature inside the car is much lower than on the outside, which results in the windscreen/windows fogging up from the outside. Without the air-con, the temperature outside is lower, causing fogging on the inside.
    If your windscreen fogs up from the inside, switch the air-conditioner on to the ventilation mode until the fogging clears up. For windscreen fogging on the outside, use the wipers to get rid of the mist or roll down the windows to balance the temperature and switch on the heater and put it on the windshield mode.The key is to regulate the temperature inside so it is on par with the temperature outside.
    Ganges likes this.