1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Night drive: Give your comments, experiences, tips etc

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, May 7, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi Kiran
    i have done this last year in august Hampi >> Bellary >> Guntakal >> Gooty >> Kurnool >> Srisailam.
    one can find heavy trucks from bellary till guntakal and road also was not proper after crossing this section i found my car exterior covered with red colored mud .once after gooty road was superb i.e. Hyd- bangalore highway .

bhaskar,
    this month end i'm planning to guntur.
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did Tirupati trip last year and took Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadappa (bypass)-Rajampeth -Kodur-Tirupati route. Single lane road with less truck traffic and 90-100KMPH speed easily achievable. Traveling done at night with excellent experience on unknown road.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Darshan was good. We completed the Darshan in 6hrs.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I thought that you had it in a less time as +2 exams are going on and rush was less. Anyhow, that was neither a short time nor a long time. A good time as you said.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I always try to finish my night drive before sunrises,reason for that is the bright light starts giving headache this may be due to long hour driving in dark , also feel sleepy due to bright light,eyes gets closed automatically.have anyone felt this ?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Feeling sleepy is due to fatigue that can set in since eyes are already sensitive to day light preceding a night drive and need time to adjust, putting extra strain on brain trying to stay alert. The brain messages that it needs to shut down I guess. I strongly believe that early morning is a very tricky since the best drivers may make judgement errors during the wee hours. Lots of accidents happen during those hours and very risky to drive during those hours, if you are not slow and steady and on full alert.

Best to give the steering to someone who had a good sleep at night. Or park aside safely at some dhaba etc., doze off an hour or two with some strong tea or coffee + breakfast afterwards and continue the drive later.
    2 people like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I never prefer to drive late in night during travel. Max which I drive is around 12 midnight.

I usually look for a hotel on the highway, take a night break and then leave next day morning.
    1 person likes this.
  8. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    I hardly drive at night the max been 1am that too on expressway. In night drive I make sure I am not travelling alone and suggested earlier my father is always my co-passanger. Besides this take small breaks after say 1.5hrs and wash face multiple times with chilled water so that eyes relax a bit.
    Ganges likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are polarised glasses useful during night drives ? have anyone used it ?
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges, I have tried using polarized glasses during night drive. It helps in cutting down the headlight glare from opposite direction, but at the same time shall hamper the visibility as well ! So, polarised glasses are more suited for co-passenger seat :p

Btw, I have tried day-night glasses once. It had a sunset orange-ish tint. Felt it was much better.