1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Night drive: Give your comments, experiences, tips etc

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, May 7, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wont that make you like drugged? I have never taken these stuff, never want to. Regular use of pan masala is also said to cause cancer.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont think so,the night journeys are like once in a blue moon and consuming such a small amount doesnt harms.i will say this is my Redbull. ;)

betel nuts are always danger.
  3. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I read somewhere energy drinks helps keep you awake for some time. Ingredients are essentially Caffeine and sugar.

If you are on road continuously for a long time your vision and motor responses may be out of sync(at least i have faced this)
    Be careful not to take zigzag maneuvers then stick to the lane (as far as possible) and keep a steady pace.
    I have had experienced this more during night drive.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would say the highways having more traffic never gives you sleep as our brain keeps working,rather an empty road where you feel more sleepy...
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A swig of water helps me a lot, daytime or night.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Last friday, I did a trip to Tirupati and was a night drive. The road after Kurnool had a lot of diversions and there was hardly any traffic. Found few trucks, but I hardly spotted more than couple of cars. The drive was boring and I soon felt drowsy. I took 2 naps, of half an hour each in the whole journey and it helped me immensely through out the journey. I tried spotting a well lit home on the road side in a village with some parking space, parked my car away from the road and took a nap. I carried a Tropicana juice with me and sipped on it regularly, to keep me hydrated. Dehydration also causes drowsiness. The first thing I did at day break was to have a strong cup of coffee with a smoke and that was all I needed for the rest of the day to stay awake.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you took Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadappa-Rayachoti-Tirupati, how was the road condition? Are they widening in this stretch as well?
  8. One more important tip,which I follow a lot in case of heavy fog at night is follow the white line running through the centre of the road, helps you a lot..
    Night driving is less stressful provided the roads are known and you have to cover some long distance..driving through traffic during day time is something which I try to avoid..
    People who are not comfortable driving at night shouldnt go for it,its not worth taking that risk.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Yes, I did take this route while going to Tirupati. As mentioned earlier, there were a lot of diversions as the 4 lane road work is under progress. But then, the stretch is quite smooth without any potholes, except for the patches where one needs to take diversions. I could easily maintain a good speed throughout.

While returning from Tirupati, I opted for Tirupati >> Piler >> Madanapalle >> Kadiri >> Anantapur >> Gooty >> Kurnool >> Hyderabad
    Though this was 100kms more than the earlier route, I could hit the Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway much earlier (before nightfall) and I did the complete trip (Tpt-Hyd) in 9hrs, excluding a 1 hr break at Kurnool for dinner.
    1 person likes this.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Kiran, How was the dharshan?