1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nicknames Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I have not given my car any nick name yet although one of my frnd call it as a 'Neelrath'.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Grande Punto = Great Point

Can't think of a better name :)
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm Grandeur!!! ;)
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I like to call it presto. It is used to denote tempo in music. Why presto? There are other cars that are fast.
    But those are not musical. If you want music and speed then it is Fiat. The speed in Fiat is like enjoying the music. So I will call my Punto presto.
    Sweet name:)
    1 person likes this.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I call my Linea the Royal Bengal Tiger :D
  6. Bad me... No nick name for my Punto...
  7. Few days Back I thought of a Nick Name to my Punto. I searched the internet to find the pure tamil translation for the name and found it. But it is not that attractive. Still I couldn't get rid of that name because of the love towards my mother tongue.I thought of starting a thread and asking for suggestions from the fellow TFI'ans, before that you started the topic.Great Thread.

The tamil translated nick is 'Tudicey' [ Cey means Red | Tudi , Tuti means Dot] which means 'Red Dot' in English and 'rooso Punto' in Italy, actually meaning Red Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It looks good. Any way to include grande. Something like Periyatudicey. Apologize for my ignorance in Tamil if it is grammatically wrong.:D
  9. For Grande, which means great in english, the perfect translation would be Mā. So I can make it ' Mā TudiCēy '
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

I always name my cars, bikes, mobiles, cameras and laptops :)

My Punto is called Jai Sackett (JS). Jai from the film Sholay and Sackett from Louis L'amour novels.