1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Next Windows is not 9 but 10

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Ravi, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As no-one expected it will be called ‘Windows 10’ not Windows 9. Why? Because Microsoft claims it represents such a significant leap over Windows 8 that calling it Windows 9 would not do it justice.

Architecturally the biggest news is that Windows 10 is being designed to run across all device form factors. That means desktops, laptops, tablets, phablets and smartphones.

In a sense, Windows 10 is what Windows 8 always should have been. Microsoft's vision for a single, unifying platform fell apart when the majority of us didn't adopt touch-enabled displays, but with Windows 10 we'll be able to play along, too.

Source - Google
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Yup, I just read about it on NDTV and the unifying factor. Let's see how fast Microsoft brings it to it's "Nokia" phones, I kinda like the window's OS on the Nokia's.
    jumu likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Me too like the OS on the Lumia phones. Recently I bought an android phone after using the Lumia 720 for a year. I didnt like the android. Sold it off after a week and back to my 720. Nice relief:))

Abdul
    asimpleson, ramjn and 5u3zEr0 like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree.

My first smarphone was Android (Samsung S2) then switched to Lumia 920. I switched to S2 again for a short period due to SIM card and I couldn't live with it. Very quickly switched back to Lumia.
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The biggest new with windows 10 is the relaunch of the start menu which was omitted in 8 and caused a lot of irks all around the globe.

Windows 10 would be a mix of 7 and 8 features where we would have the start menu along with the widgets.

As all have mentioned, it would be a unified platform across hardwares which itself is a leap as far as microsoft is concerned.

And, recently lumia 930 has been launched, planning to buy. Price wise seems reasonable compared to the android counter parts. :)