1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

News - Fiat looking for launching Maserati and Ferrari in India - Maserati Arrived in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Aug 11, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

@acechip - I would also join you to see the reaction from a Maserati Owner during Servicing. :D
    FIAT has to put in a Strong Guideline/System in place to have a consistent ASS performance across all regions independent of dealership or Service Manager Temperaments.
    FASS struggling to resolve Simpler/Trivial problems in Puntos/Lineas don't sound encouraging to bring in Ferrari/Maseratis into Indian Market. (Unless FIAT deploys exclusive FIAT Service outlets for such Premium Cars).

- CM
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

BTW, my sister, usually doesnt care to differentiate a Jaguar from a Nissan , but she just loves the Maserati Quattroporte-thats her dream car ! One of their neighbours own one.
    prabhjot, asimpleson and zenwalker like this.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @acechip The Italians are concerned with beauty - something I tend to appreciate and Maserati makes some of the most beautiful cars around. The Germans are mechanical - they might make the fastest or the most powerful but then all their cars tend to look exactly the same.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Each of them have their unique flavour I suppose. For me, the Maserati/Alfa Romeo has a lot of flair. The Audi has a certain nouveau riche quotient, the BMW looks imposing and rather menacing (esp black 7 series with those headlamps), while the Mercedes (S-class) has that aristocratic, understated elegance. Let me further add: the Lexus exudes that Corporate (VP-not-yet-CEO) feel, while the Lincolns/Cadillacs suit the retired rich Exec spending time at the golf-club.
    And of course our desi owned Jaguar represents the sophisticated but arrogant snooty look.
    Revv, prabhjot, nbvcrao and 2 others like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    More than that: Maserati and Alfa Romeo are storied, old yet forever young and cutting edge brands that exude a distinction of character and (national) identity. AUTHENTIC as authentic gets in today's commoditised automotive world, the latter being something sadly true even of the so-called 'luxury' but really almost mass-selling i.e., devalued German brands.

Quality and reliability deficits are and will be a diminishing problem. And so, IF sales and service experiences are good, methinks the FCA premium group of brands (Jeep, M, AR, Ferrari) have a great future in India, where the real big numbers for luxury cars is only just beginning, what with much-better-than-global growth rates over the last decade and over the next one too, and our soaring inequality/black money volume/ostentation.

Of course if we had any sense we'd buy Jeeps in droves and ignore the others, since we do not have the road, traffic or legal conditions to justify the ownership of sports cars, whether German or Italian, even if they are saloons.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

I suppose Alfa Romeo would have more or less the same level of brand equity as a Volvo in India. That too after extensive marketing. The German grip is vice-like on the luxury car market, not just in India but elsewhere too. In Pune, almost every 5th large car you spot is a BMW/Audi, occasionally a Merc, and amongst them, it will be either the Q3/Q5 or the 3/5 series.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ferrari has appointed 2 new dealers, reputed ones who also have dealership and ASS franchises of other uber-premium brands, for Delhi and Mumbai, with more to come.

Maserati, a recent sourced report suggests, is also on the verge of doing so. They might dovetail with each other in India, as they do in the US?

Good, long-term decision by FCA to start taking the booming Indian high-end segment seriously....and Jeep to come in a bigger way soon? And the new Alfa-s too as they start getting launched?

These brands all do excellently in China, have been for a decade, and since India is commonly said to be 10-15 years behind China in its volume of consumption: these brands are not late at all for the 'luxury ostentatious' car party, mefeels. Especially since some of them (Maserati and Jeep) have only recently developed a wide-enough vehicle range.
  8. EshwarPrasad

EshwarPrasad Timido

New Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    All the Maserati models look gorgeous. The earlier dealers spoiled the reputation of the brand by providing shoddy service. Fiat needs to ensure the dealers and after sales is good this time around.
    Raj_pol, prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Maserati has launched the Ghibli, the Quattroporte as well as the older GranTurismo+GranCabrio in India!

They're starting soon with 3 dealerships, in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.

FCA's on the move in India!

First Ferrari+Maserati, then Abarth, then Jeep: done/coming very soon.

Then: Alfa Romeo!! (2017-18?)

And only right at the end, if they could be bothered, or if they're allowed to by this car baazar: Fiats.

i.e., Fiats come last and least in FCA's global as well as Indian plans ?! ;-)

: Man! These cars and brands are all something else: authentic, old, charismatic, and cutting-edge-enough too. Fiat though is bit too much of a neither here nor there brand right now, both globally and in India.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Maserati India Prices from the above link – * Ghibli – Rs. 1.1 crores * Quattroporte Diesel – Rs. 1.5 crores * GranTurismo – Rs. 1.8 crores * Quattroporte GTS – Rs. 2.2 crores.
    Let me know who buys it, I would appreciate getting a ride. ;)
    Ichimaru and prabhjot like this.