1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

News - Fiat looking for launching Maserati and Ferrari in India - Maserati Arrived in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Aug 11, 2014.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    When people refer to two products its the Linea and Punto. Now if you consider the Linea classic and Avventura, both are carved out of the existing Linea and Punto. They aren't completely new models.

What Fiat needs is an SUV in the 10-15 lakhs price bracke something like the XUV, Duster, Ecosport. Renault is solely surviving in the domestic market because of Duster.
    2 people like this.
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    How much Jaguar & Land Rover is helping TATA to improve sale of Nano or Aria? Though parent company is TATA for all these products but no one consider JLR a Tata product as they are sold & serviced by independent network. A customer of JLR product will not like the overall experience of Tata showroom. Similar is the case of Grand Cherokee or Maserati Vs Fiat product line. Luxury product can't be displayed & marketed alongside mass production units. So majority of prospective buyer of Fiat cars will not get any excitement with Jeep etc as they consider it a different product , which actually they are.

I am not against FIAT for launching these wonderfull products in India but what I mean to say is to increase the sale of vehicles carrying FIAT logo, they must bring products that willl appeal to masses at reasonable price with current market trend. Bringing different derivatives of Line & Punto ie Linea Classic, Punto Evo, Punto Abarth or Avventura will not help in gaining market share but altogether a new product like MINI SUV under 15 lakh.
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    For those to come, a new engine has to be in place. Perhaps 1.5/1.6 or more. I wonder if thats ever going to be a reality :(
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

when JLR can get by with less than stellar service experience, Fiat is no worse off. In fact their service has improved.
    1 person likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Two problems for Maserati (and Alfa Romeo) in India: no local assembly plant, that is to say elevated prices. And low level of trust about service and reliability.

The idea of having company owned, company operated dealerships in a few select cities is a great solution to the latter issue. And solving the first should be no issue: Maserati and Alfa Romeo have a latent brand recognition/seduction, just waiting to explode among the wealthy, ostentatious, much travelled classes.

FiatChrysler have said that the 6-8 new Alfa Romeos (at BMW prices) coming over the next 3-4 years will be sold out of Jeep dealerships around the world, except the US, where Alfas will sell either at the Fiat "studios" or the Maserati dealerships.

Methinks Fiat can make serious and pretty easy money in India by combining Jeep and/or Maserati and/or Alfa dealers, selectively, even if the numbers in absolute terms will never be anywhere near the german marques'.

The class of filthy-rich ostentatious young people is exploding in numbers in India. The Germans have been here for years, but FiatChrysler are not late to the luxury/sports car sales-party in India, which is only just getting started IMO. Jeep's coming for sure by 2015, but the new Maserati-s AND Alfa Romeo-s together can easily do well here, in the biggest cities at least.
    1 person likes this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Sometimes I get the feeling that Fiat India sends out these news whiffs just to keep the interests of third parties and dealerships alive in their brand. Perhaps they are completely hamstrung by their own operating structure and lack of support from Fiat Chrysler. That they are/were lazy when the opportunity existed is not doubted at all, but it now also appears to me that they 're pretty much left to fend for themselves here. I havent seen any worthwhile statement from Marchionne or his top leadership about India in the recent past- in contrast, Suzuki, and particularly Nissan top brass are always making some or the other statements on India. It is a different matter as to how they ultimately execute.
    And let me say one more thing here. While Indians are growing increasingly rich and have the cash to spare, they are also learned enough to know which brands are up the pecking order. An Alfa Romeo , however flashy it may be, is no BMW/Audi/Merc/Porsche when it comes to upmarket appeal. Similarly with Maserati. They will continue to be an even more exclusive set within the luxury market.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, this is indeed very early to put any timeline, this could be just an spark.
    I should have clarified, but picture is just taken from internet, no link with what type cars, if any, might come to India.
    But see Krisha's post have few more pictures, all Maseratis are nice looking cars.
    Those cars will not be serviced in existing Fiat Exclusive service centers for sure. Once you pay that much money, I am sure service will be of that standards.
    True, and I don't think even Fiat will bring Maserato to increase Punto or Linea sales numbers. These are big brands and even few sales of Maserati should make Fiat happy, as it will be seen in some association, like how we see Tata with JLR.
    True, the 1st picture in http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-india-future-plans.8575/ does show Grand Cherokee will have localized version, let us see how next year spans out for Fiat-Chryslers in India.
    Good idea :up

Let us see how these 'news' takes its path.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let FIAT India Settle down with its Gud Looking Beauties (Punto & Linea) as well as the Avventura is on the way.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    dadasaheb likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Maserati being sold and serviced at Pandit Auto (Pune) ??:eek:
    I'd love to be sitting next to that customer just to watch his patient reactions to everything !
    bharath, King CM and asimpleson like this.